PR New System

Old Jan 29th 2010, 9:42 pm
Just Joined

Whelan is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile PR New System

Hi All,

Just thought we would share some info with you regarding the new PR system. Were advised at start by solicitors timescale 12 months but should be more like 18 months as all new system.

Applied April 2009, about 2 weeks later got acknowledgement.
Then about 4 weeks later advised passed first step and given file number.
Then had to send qualification certs, references etc.
Oct our medicals and proof of funds letter, final payment and proficency of english requested.
Had our meds on 13/10 but had few issues on doc being on hols so reports not sent until begining of Nov.
Then amazingly had our passport request on NEW YEARS EVE!!!!!!
What a way to start the year, we had our passports back today!!!!!!!!!!!

So please don't give up if you want the dream its worth waiting for, but I think we have been lucky as its only taken 9 months in total.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 11:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR New System

Originally Posted by Whelan
Hi All,

Just thought we would share some info with you regarding the new PR system. Were advised at start by solicitors timescale 12 months but should be more like 18 months as all new system.

Oct our medicals and proof of funds letter, final payment and proficiency of english requested.
Had our meds on 13/10 but had few issues on doc being on hols so reports not sent until beginning of Nov.

So please don't give up if you want the dream its worth waiting for, but I think we have been lucky as its only taken 9 months in total.

Congratulations. They don't hang around nowadays. Our wait was 2.5 years! Best wishes for your new lives here.

Kind regards,

Eamonn & Janet.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 11:19 pm
Forum Regular

lifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to all

Wow, speedy! Your heads must be spinning. Congrats.
Old Jan 30th 2010, 12:50 am
RETIRED Realtor

MB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond repute

Back in 97 it took us 4 months from initial documents in to receipt of PR visa.
Old Jan 30th 2010, 3:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MB-Realtor
Back in 97 it took us 4 months from initial documents in to receipt of PR visa.
Blimey!

E&J
Old Jan 30th 2010, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

JET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to all

Great news on your PR !!

As we are only a stones throw away hopefully we won't be too far behind you. We applied in Jan last year on the FSW. We had medicals in Cardiff with Dr Mawell in Sept. I had to have an extra test done which was delayed with her on holiday, but it was fine and got back to CIC on Dec 9th.

So to tie it all in I guess we should hear something soon.

I see that you are heading to Ontario, at least hoping to. Any work lined up ?

All the best for now from Port Talbot.

JET
Old Jan 30th 2010, 10:03 am
Happy in NB

Dave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

Oct our medicals and proof of funds letter, final payment and proficency of english requested.
Had our meds on 13/10 but had few issues on doc being on hols so reports not sent until begining of Nov.

Holy cow! Back in the old days it took years!!

I am impressed with the new process and believe me you should consider yourself lucky.

Congratulations on your PR and enjoy the new opportunities Canada will present to you.
Old Jan 31st 2010, 11:06 am
Just Joined

aarodger is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

hi,

we are looking to emigrate but we are not sure what road to take. Was this all done i the UK or was that from Canada? We would be greatful for some info.Going to Manchester to meet up with Willis Brazalot about our options.
thanks for any info.
Old Jan 31st 2010, 11:08 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aarodger
hi,

we are looking to emigrate but we are not sure what road to take. Was this all done i the UK or was that from Canada? We would be greatful for some info.Going to Manchester to meet up with Willis Brazalot about our options.
thanks for any info.
Hi and welcome to the forum. I would guess the application was done from the UK, 9 months is about the time it seems to take most SW applications from the UK. I'd suggest you grab a cuppa and read the Wiki (on blue bar at top of page), which has loads of useful info. If you have any questions about the visa route you are thinking of, then just shout (but maybe start your own thread for those).

And I'd also strongly suggest you do a search of the forums to see what's been said about Willis Brazalot before.

Good luck.
Old Jan 31st 2010, 11:40 am
Just Joined

Whelan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JET747
Great news on your PR !!

As we are only a stones throw away hopefully we won't be too far behind you. We applied in Jan last year on the FSW. We had medicals in Cardiff with Dr Mawell in Sept. I had to have an extra test done which was delayed with her on holiday, but it was fine and got back to CIC on Dec 9th.

So to tie it all in I guess we should hear something soon.

I see that you are heading to Ontario, at least hoping to. Any work lined up ?

All the best for now from Port Talbot.

JET
Hi Jet747

Seems we went to the same Dr Maxwell and caught up in her 3 week hols. My wife also had to have extra test done but chased and chased her from moment she landed!!! lol.
Now in process of searching for a job-not easy even with PR as I'm an electrican and have to obtain my Red Seal before anyone will employ me and can only sit the exam out in Canada. But I'm sure it will all work out.
We have even considered just upping and going but spoken to a friend of a friend who lives in the area we want to live and said we would be nuts as jobs not that brill at moment over there either. So its just another waiting game!!!But at least I have a good job here at moment to keep us going.
Hope you have good news soon I sure you won't be long before you have your passport request.
Do you have job lined up? What part are you looking to go to?

Whelan
Old Jan 31st 2010, 2:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

JET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to all

Hi Whelan
Firstly get the Passport request and know we have been accepted. Can't really see why not after getting this far - but you never know.

I work in Industry, at Baglan Bay, Grangemouth and at present down in Barry. There are plenty of positions that I could apply for, but need to be legal first. Hopefully we will be able to land ASAP after Visa issue, send the PR cards to my wife's family in Vancouver - they will courier them to us. We will then be in play.

Until I secure a position I will take my time to ensure that everything this end is sorted first. Our children are starting to get on, so it would be advantageous to get out there asap.

I will PM you soon.

JET