PR Fee refund

Old Aug 16th 2008, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

Spoons1961 is a jewel in the roughSpoons1961 is a jewel in the roughSpoons1961 is a jewel in the roughSpoons1961 is a jewel in the rough
Default PR Fee refund

Has anybody who paid their fee before May 2006 and since become a Permanent Resident, had their refund yet ?

If so, how long does it take after landing ?
Old Aug 16th 2008, 3:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

seanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: PR Fee refund

hope this isn't a silly question, but why are you entitled to a refund if you got PR??
Old Aug 16th 2008, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

Spoons1961 is a jewel in the roughSpoons1961 is a jewel in the roughSpoons1961 is a jewel in the roughSpoons1961 is a jewel in the rough

We applied in December 04, and only got approved in July'07.

In May 2006 the fees were reduced and anyone who had applied but not processed was by my understanding entitled to a rebate of the difference !

Correct me if I'm wrong.
Old Aug 16th 2008, 6:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

seanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Spoons1961
We applied in December 04, and only got approved in July'07.

In May 2006 the fees were reduced and anyone who had applied but not processed was by my understanding entitled to a rebate of the difference !

Correct me if I'm wrong.
Oh my apologies, I thought you meant the whole amount!

Hope you get your refund

Anita
Old Aug 16th 2008, 11:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold

We got out refund - OH landed 3 days after the fees were reduced I think it took about 6-9 months for the refund to come through - it was a long time ago, I don't remember exactly.
Old Aug 16th 2008, 11:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spoons1961
Has anybody who paid their fee before May 2006 and since become a Permanent Resident, had their refund yet ?

If so, how long does it take after landing ?
Hi,

We applied Nov 04 and got our visas May 07. However, we wrote to the authorities after we heard about the fee reduction but before our visas came through, asking for the refund - and we got it a few weeks later as we recall. Key concern for us was to phrase the letter such that they couldn't possibly misconstrue it as a request to withdraw our application!

Eamonn & Janet.
Old Aug 17th 2008, 4:49 am
BE Enthusiast

zmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nice

We applied Nov 2004, got visas August 2007, landed Nov 2007 and applied for refund of part of the ROLF in January 2008. Got it back in April - just before we had to hit Ikea for furniture for our new home - yay!

HTH

Zoe M. x
Old Aug 17th 2008, 5:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Paradisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really nice

I know this is slightley different. We got PR via the NSNP CI stream which does not cost anything and got a refund of our fees paid for the Skilled worker application (we had been on 18 months) straight away.
Old Aug 17th 2008, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

kiddy2ns has a brilliant futurekiddy2ns has a brilliant futurekiddy2ns has a brilliant futurekiddy2ns has a brilliant futurekiddy2ns has a brilliant futurekiddy2ns has a brilliant future

I take then you have to apply, so who or which department do you apply to? We are going to land at Halifax in October so will need to buy some winter woollies, it will come in handy
Old Aug 17th 2008, 10:30 am
BE Enthusiast

RubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond repute

Spoons,

You are right, you are entitled to a refund. All the details are on the CIC website. I saw it just last night and it takes you through the refund process.

Ruby
Old Aug 17th 2008, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

I've read the info on the CIC website. It says that the refund will be triggered automatically when you land. However, some of the posts suggest that you have to apply for it !

Confused.com
Old Aug 17th 2008, 4:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

zmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nice

We applied as we didn't have a "proper" address when we landed. In fact our refund arrived just before our PO Box ran out!

Zoe M. x
Old Aug 18th 2008, 1:44 am
Ontario

Sutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to behold

Mmm Let me think, it was around 3 months I beleave... Bought our canoe with the money that we got back
Old Aug 18th 2008, 3:39 am
Forum Regular

stoobee1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I just applied for my refund. CIC told me it can take up to a year but in reality I hope to get it back sooner. Note this wait only applies if you paid the RPRF in a country outside Canada.

Obviously one can move around a lot in one year so may involve several calls to CIC to update the address as the website address update never seems to work for me.
Old Aug 18th 2008, 4:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Paradisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really nice

Originally Posted by kiddy2ns
I take then you have to apply, so who or which department do you apply to? We are going to land at Halifax in October so will need to buy some winter woollies, it will come in handy
It's not cold here in October. Winter does not kick in until late December/January with Febuary usually being the worst. Xmas 2006 it was 18degrees and we were had xmas dinner on the decking. With global warming though anything can happen. We have a saying in NS if you don't like the weather just wait 5 mins.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.