PR card

Old Jun 9th 2006, 1:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: PR card

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
ERM,

People its 3 out of 5 years in Canada!!!!!!!!
Tony has already lost his PR status!!!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. :scared:
2 out of 5 years
Old Jun 9th 2006, 1:25 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gray C
2 out of 5 years
LOL we've covered that one.
Already admitted I'm wearing my stoopid head
Old Jun 9th 2006, 1:29 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Good idea to lie on your PR card application form. Spend the rest of your time looking over your shoulder (even if you eventually become a citizen) or waiting for the knock on the door when they come to boot your sorry arse out of the country.

IIRC you still meet the requirement, so just go with the truth. As it is you dont need PR card or travel document to return as you have a visa waiver passport, so come back, explain all and trust the system. If you did screw up, abandoned the country and legitimately lost your status, thats too bad, the rest of us take this shit seriously after the effort it took to get PR status in the first place.

PR is 2 out of 5, Citizen is 3 out of 4, probably the sourse of confusion? No doubt AM will show up and correct us that technically is whatever number of days

PR cards for newly lander PRs are mailed, Cards for existing PRs usually have to be collected in person.

Last edited by iaink; Jun 9th 2006 at 3:27 pm.
Old Jun 9th 2006, 1:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

AnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really nice

HB received his PR card by mail, so unless CIC has changed its policy in the last 1.5 years, it is not necessary to go in person to pick them up.
Old Jun 9th 2006, 1:38 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
Good idea to lie on your PR card application form. Spend the rest of your time looking over your shoulder (even if you eventually become a citizen) or waiting for the knock on the door when they come to boot your sorry arse out of the country.

IIRC you still meet the requirement, so just go with the truth. As it is you dont need PR card or travel document to return as you have a visa waiver passport, so come back, explain all and trust the system. If you did screw up, abandoned the country and legitimately lost your status, thats too bad, the rest of us take this shit seriously after the effort it took to get PR status in the first place.

PR is 2 out of 5, Citizen is 3 out of 4, probably the sourse of confusion? No doubt AM will show up and correct us that technically is whatever number of days

PR cards for newly lander PRs are mailed, Cards for existing PRs have to be collected in person.
Agreed 110% there Iain!! (especially with respect to the source of confusion)
Old Jun 9th 2006, 1:46 pm
Just Joined

tony.l is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AnyaT
HB received his PR card by mail, so unless CIC has changed its policy in the last 1.5 years, it is not necessary to go in person to pick them up.

who is HB and has anyone else that had a IMM 1000 and needed to update it to the new PR card had theres mailed out to them rather than having to go in and collect it in person.
Old Jun 9th 2006, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

Island_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tony.l
who is HB and has anyone else that had a IMM 1000 and needed to update it to the new PR card had theres mailed out to them rather than having to go in and collect it in person.

both my sister and I have lived here since 1967 and had the old paper IMM1000 card signed by our father as we were small children. We both just this year finally applied for our new PR card ...never had one before and they were mailed out to us.

Island Girl
Old Jun 9th 2006, 3:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

AnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really nice

Originally Posted by tony.l
HB = my husband. We were living in Toronto when he received his permanent residence-ship, so it wasn't like your case where you are re-applying from outside.

Sorry, can't answer questions about specific forms as I no longer remember anything about them.
Old Jun 9th 2006, 3:39 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Island_Girl
both my sister and I have lived here since 1967 and had the old paper IMM1000 card signed by our father as we were small children. We both just this year finally applied for our new PR card ...never had one before and they were mailed out to us.

Island Girl
You have lived here since coming as a kid in 1967 and never bothered with Citizenship?
Old Jun 9th 2006, 5:02 pm
Banned

You have lived here since coming as a kid in 1967 and never bothered with Citizenship?
You sitting down?
I met a woman who has lived here for 25 years. Born in UK, Italian Parents. Always carried an Italian Passport, has lost the original passport (with her entry visa in), let the last passport run out, she never applied for citizenship, she never applied for a PR card. She doesnt have her birth certificate.
Basically she is restricted to staying in Canada!!!!
Old Jun 9th 2006, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

westchilt has a spectacular aura aboutwestchilt has a spectacular aura aboutwestchilt has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Morwenna
umm they are certainly posted out to new immigrants after they have "landed".

Is it different for existing PR's then?
We were existing PR's and we had to go and pick them up. From what I can remember we were given a date in which to go and collect them.
Old Jun 9th 2006, 8:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Morwenna
umm they are certainly posted out to new immigrants after they have "landed".

Is it different for existing PR's then?
If we land and then return to the UK for a period of time does the PR card get sent to our UK address, or do we have to nominate a Canadian address for it to be sent to, i.e. my wife's sister's address in Ontario?
Old Jun 9th 2006, 8:09 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

I believe ..... and I'm sure there are a dozen ppl to correct me if I'm wrong ..... that they will only post to a Canadian address.

As to whether existing PR's have to pick them up personally .... that seems to be a matter of differing experience, doesn't it. They posted to us, as new landed immigrants last fall ..... that was our experience.

Last edited by Alberta_Rose; Jun 9th 2006 at 8:14 pm.
Old Jun 9th 2006, 8:10 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

Originally Posted by Gray C
If we land and then return to the UK for a period of time does the PR card get sent to our UK address, or do we have to nominate a Canadian address for it to be sent to, i.e. my wife's sister's address in Ontario?
They wont send a PR card overseas...permanent residents are assumed to want to live permanently in Canada see!
Old Jun 9th 2006, 8:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

They wont send a PR card overseas...permanent residents are assumed to want to live permanently in Canada see!
We want to move to Canada permanently, but unfortunately it seems likely that we will have to return to the UK for a year or so after landing to complete our daughter's Growth Hormone therapy. As you know already from previous correspondence the cost of the GH drugs in Canada is very expensive, so we do not have much option but to stay here for a while longer.

Is it wise to use my sister in law's address for the PR card, or is this a no no?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.