Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

PR From Australia

PR From Australia

Old Aug 13th 2008, 1:26 am
BE Enthusiast

G586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR From Australia

Originally Posted by Hammy1976
I'm a fresh out the oven newby, just a time waster I guess from your comment, somebody send him a list of potential hobbies - if you can hire columbo to figure out where he actually resides!
If you click on his user name, then you can read all his posts....
Old Aug 13th 2008, 2:52 am
Forum Regular

Madhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to all

If you have been offered a permanent job in Canada, your application for PR can be supported by an Arranged Employment Opinion submitted to HRSDC by your prospective employer. I don't know about Australia, but if your application is supported by an AEO, the CHC in London will fast-track it. This means that the process takes 8-10 months. You also get extra points on your assessment if you have arranged employment (if you need them) and you do not have to provide proof of funds if you have a job waiting for you. Details of the process can be found at:

http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/en/workplaces...poarremp.shtml

If you search arranged employment on this site you will should find a number of people who have followed this route.

Best of luck!
Old Aug 13th 2008, 3:48 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by G586
If you click on his user name, then you can read all his posts....
Thats when you need a comfy chair and a pizza.......
Old Aug 13th 2008, 9:37 am
Just Joined

feijoa will become famous soon enoughfeijoa will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Poppy2
It took us 5 weeks (from a projected 3 months )to get a Temporary Work Permit (2 yrs) and a medical done through Sidney - they were fast and on the ball. We were in NZ. That was a year ago now, but I doubt that much has changed. I beleive they say it is 6 months for PR, but it is worth getting the TWP and getting here that much faster.

Good luck!
Hi Poppy,
It that 6 months for PR with a job offer or not?
We are in NZ waiting, waiting, waiting and have no idea how long the whole thing will take!
Old Aug 13th 2008, 10:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Ramsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really nice

My PR App took 3 months all in.... Unfortunatley for most though, it was through Family Class due to being common-law with a Canadian.... But it does prove that the People in Sydney can move if they need to