Potholes!!!

Old Jan 24th 2007, 2:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Arris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Potholes!!!

I've just returned from work trying to dodge & avoid large potholes - there are loads of them here all year round............must be hellish for motor bikes. (No comments about usually having to avoid elk, badgers etc. )

It is a subject complained about alot where I live (Cheltenham, UK) - often mentioned in our local paper - but nothing much seems to be done by our council

What are the roads like where you live?

I'd be interested to hear.

Cheers, Arris

Last edited by Arris; Jan 24th 2007 at 2:37 pm. Reason: crap spelling.........again
Old Jan 24th 2007, 2:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

celine_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Potholes!!!

Originally Posted by Arris
I've just returned from work trying to dodge & avoid large potholes - there are loads of them here all year round............must be hellish for motor bikes.

It is a subject complained about alot where I live (Cheltenham, UK) - often mentioned in our local paper - both nothing much seems to be done by our council

Cheers, Arris
pot holes are part of Canadian life im afraid lol
Old Jan 24th 2007, 2:17 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Let me see, +30 in the summer, -30 in the winter, countless freeze / thaw cycles, numerous snow plows to tear chunks out of the roads....

Lets just say that dont stay good for long...but at least they try and patch them up.
Old Jan 24th 2007, 2:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

celine_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by iaink
Let me see, +30 in the summer, -30 in the winter, countless freeze / thaw cycles, numerous snow plows to tear chunks out of the roads....

Lets just say that dont stay good for long...but at least they try and patch them up.
Yep there no way of stopping them really
Old Jan 24th 2007, 2:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Arris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond repute

I guessed these were the sort of replies i'd get

Suppose I was actually wondering if anyone actually had only a few, that were dealt with quicky......OOhh, a pig just flew by the window
Old Jan 24th 2007, 3:15 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

I guessed these were the sort of replies i'd get

Suppose I was actually wondering if anyone actually had only a few, that were dealt with quicky......OOhh, a pig just flew by the window
Lower mainland B.C. and Vancouver Island don't have many.
Old Jan 24th 2007, 3:21 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
I was under the impression that Pot use was prolific in Lower Mainland and Victoria????
Old Jan 24th 2007, 3:23 pm

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Vancouver Island don't have many.
Yes they do!
http://www.sookepotholes.com/

Old Jan 24th 2007, 3:24 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
I was under the impression that Pot use was prolific in Lower Mainland and Victoria????
That it is.

However holes in the road are rather infrequent. Perhaps it's where they are stashing the pot.

Consequently maybe they have lots of "pot holes" but we just don't see them.
Old Jan 24th 2007, 4:00 pm
Banned

startwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond repute

I beg to differ! There's a pothole at the end of my street that's big enough to swallow a small car! Wherever I go I have to zig-zag around them. That's what a spell of freezing weather will do, and now I know what they have to put up with back east every winter.
Old Jan 24th 2007, 7:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

flashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Potholes!!!

Originally Posted by celine_uk
pot holes are part of Canadian life im afraid lol
According the Beatles there's 4,000 holes in Blackburn, Lancashire !
Old Jan 24th 2007, 7:49 pm
Thinking the unthinkable.

Madmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond repute

Dreadful roads around the KW - Guelph area. Full of pot holes and long jaggedy cracks every 20 feet or so. They seem to patch the cracks with streaks of tar which just breaks off during the freeze/thaw cycles.

They do a lot of roadworks during the Summer months though to repair the damage and keep it at a useable level. Someone once told me that Canada had four seasons: "Autumn, Winter, Spring and Roadworks."
Old Jan 24th 2007, 8:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

neill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond repute

I've just returned from work trying to dodge & avoid large potholes - there are loads of them here all year round............must be hellish for motor bikes. (No comments about usually having to avoid elk, badgers etc. )

It is a subject complained about alot where I live (Cheltenham, UK) - often mentioned in our local paper - but nothing much seems to be done by our council

Cheers, Arris
LOL -- i thought this was going to be another Canada observation by a newly arrived immigrant, boy you are in for a shock when you do get here

Motorbikes don't come out between November and April, unless said user is feeling suicidal
Old Jan 24th 2007, 8:34 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neill

Motorbikes don't come out between November and April, unless said user is feeling suicidal
To be fair thats more to do with a lack of traction due to the gravel / snow/ ice that the elephant traps.

I find you dont notice the potholes as much when they are packed with snow.
Old Jan 24th 2007, 8:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by neill
LOL -- i thought this was going to be another Canada observation by a newly arrived immigrant, boy you are in for a shock when you do get here

Hubby used to ride Sports Road Bikes, but gave them up as way to fast on our narrow & winding country roads. He now has a Super Moto Bike - it's a street legal Dirt Bike - has road tyres on.

It will be converted back to a Dirt Bike when we move over & he will be off with my Cousin & his friends in the foothills & the mountains having a blast.

This is him when we were over last October - he saw a pothole & decided to jump it
Attached Thumbnails Potholes!!!-ktm-525-super-moto.bmp   Potholes!!!-2006_1020image0058.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.