Pork Pies

Old May 11th 2009, 4:14 pm
Just Joined

johnbull is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pork Pies

Well, I got the pork pie kit from www.lazysausage.com and it was great.

The kit took about 20 minutes to make and an hour to cook and I must say the results were fantastic. It was really quite easy.

The results were much better than the dodgy, often frozen, supermarket ones and more akin to those at an up-market London deli.

I am going to give their sausage kits a go next.
Old May 11th 2009, 4:25 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Morwenna
Just bought a Melton Mowbray pie from the Farmers' Market .... I'll let you know if it's any good!
Well, was it any good?

Enquiring minds want to know.

It's been a month and a half, you must have eaten it by now.
Old May 11th 2009, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

Sazzer is a jewel in the roughSazzer is a jewel in the roughSazzer is a jewel in the roughSazzer is a jewel in the roughSazzer is a jewel in the rough

Hi, I just joined as I read this thread and was just wondering if anyone is interested in Cornish Pasties? I have just started a business making them as the ones here are terrible. I have two Cornish parents so my recipe has been handed down from Great Granny who use to make them for my great grand-father who went down the tin mines with them.

My husband, kids and Canadian friends love them so much I decided to start a business. Right now I'm selling them to raise money for BC Cancer Research, need to raise $2,500!

They can be delivered anywhere in Canada frozen unbaked - cook at home and get the wonderful smell of a real Cornish pasty.
Old May 11th 2009, 6:40 pm
Jedi

andrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MB-Realtor
In Winnipeg my Wife sells 2 types of Pork Pies (Melton Mowbray & Traditional) as well as 6 types of British Sausage, British cut back bacon, and traditional pies.

They will ship within Canada.

www.ragingbrit.com
How do you ship a pork pie? Those things are epic. I might have to trotter down there this week for a fix. When do you offer the full english?
Old May 11th 2009, 6:40 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CornishPasty Girl
Hi, I just joined as I read this thread and was just wondering if anyone is interested in Cornish Pasties? I have just started a business making them as the ones here are terrible. I have two Cornish parents so my recipe has been handed down from Great Granny who use to make them for my great grand-father who went down the tin mines with them.

My husband, kids and Canadian friends love them so much I decided to start a business. Right now I'm selling them to raise money for BC Cancer Research, need to raise $2,500!

They can be delivered anywhere in Canada frozen unbaked - cook at home and get the wonderful smell of a real Cornish pasty.
Is this guaranteed?? If so I could be VERY interested
Old May 11th 2009, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

Sazzer is a jewel in the roughSazzer is a jewel in the roughSazzer is a jewel in the roughSazzer is a jewel in the roughSazzer is a jewel in the rough

Where are you? Pasties can be mailed with dried ice so they are kept frozen for 48 hours. As I mentioned I'm just starting out to raise money for charity.
Old May 11th 2009, 7:11 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CornishPasty Girl
Where are you? Pasties can be mailed with dried ice so they are kept frozen for 48 hours. As I mentioned I'm just starting out to raise money for charity.
DT Calgary. I doubt (given their high efficiency) you will be using Canada Post then?
Old May 11th 2009, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

Ironically we use Canada post for my other business to the US and it's great, but within Canada it pretty slow. It's quicker for me to send a letter to the UK then it is to Calgary! So no I won't be using Canada post put a cheap courier system.

I can send you a PM if you want more details etc.
Old May 11th 2009, 11:11 pm
RETIRED Realtor

MB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andrewrb143
How do you ship a pork pie? Those things are epic. I might have to trotter down there this week for a fix. When do you offer the full english?
We normally ship by greyhound, point-to-point, customer collects from nearest depot.

The full English is now a permanent fixture on the menu, so you can have it any time they are open.
Old May 12th 2009, 5:24 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Well, was it any good?

Enquiring minds want to know.

It's been a month and a half, you must have eaten it by now.
Oh sorry.... well it was "OK"

Thing was frozen though so I didn't know quite what to do with it ... I'm used to them being chilled but fresh.

When I defrosted it (maybe a leetle too quick?) the jelly inside had gone to liquid, so it was a bit odd .... quite tasty though. I suppose one should leave them in the fridge for a day or two maybe ..... but we wanted to eat the thing!
Old May 12th 2009, 5:09 pm
Banned

immichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by shelley748
OK does anyone know where you can get pork pies? I live near Kingston and even if I have to order them over the net, I am desperate for one!
May I humbly suggest you substitute the UK's ubiquitous "pork pie" for the Canadian equivalent? Wolf meat.
Attached Thumbnails Pork Pies-dsc02805.jpg.jpg  
Old May 14th 2009, 4:35 pm
Jedi

andrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by immichaelcaine
May I humbly suggest you substitute the UK's ubiquitous "pork pie" for the Canadian equivalent? Wolf meat.
It doesn't have the right fat content, far too lean and full of rabbies.
Old May 14th 2009, 5:55 pm
Just Joined

Marmite lover is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shelley748
OK does anyone know where you can get pork pies? I live near Kingston and even if I have to order them over the net, I am desperate for one!
We can in Discovery food, Thrifty over here on the Island but if you can find one of those small shops that sell the British food, we have a few over here and you can get those little treats. Or a Farmers market, my out-laws love them and I bought one for them when they were here.
Old May 15th 2009, 2:06 am
KJM
BE Enthusiast

KJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to all

Melton Mowbray Pork Pies sold at fishmongers, Willow Park, Calgary if that helps.
Old May 18th 2009, 5:14 am
Forum Regular

Rosylady has a reputation beyond reputeRosylady has a reputation beyond reputeRosylady has a reputation beyond reputeRosylady has a reputation beyond reputeRosylady has a reputation beyond reputeRosylady has a reputation beyond reputeRosylady has a reputation beyond reputeRosylady has a reputation beyond reputeRosylady has a reputation beyond reputeRosylady has a reputation beyond reputeRosylady has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MB-Realtor
In Winnipeg my Wife sells 2 types of Pork Pies (Melton Mowbray & Traditional) as well as 6 types of British Sausage, British cut back bacon, and traditional pies.

They will ship within Canada.

www.ragingbrit.com
Oooh Mr.Realtor.. I thought great ... At long last we can we can get Pork Pies...
Will ship within Canada... Logged on to www.ragingbrit.com To see. Will only deliver in Manitoba... ??????