Police force

Old Feb 3rd 2009, 10:34 am
Just Joined

sleepyhollow56 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Police force

Hi, first posting on here to ask for any advice. My husband is currently completing an application to join the police force in Canada. Has anyone else gone through this process? He has not worked for the police before, but has a british army background. If successful, it means he could be offered a position and i believe this force have nominated place (sorry can't quite remember the term) so we can apply for a permanant visa.

Any information or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 10:37 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police force

Hi and welcome to the forum.

There are quite a few on here who have become police officers in Canada I believe, if you do a search of the forum (top right) then you'll probably find lots of info to help you out.

Good luck.
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 10:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Paul5455 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Police force

welcome!
which Police service has he applied for?

if Calgary, check the link
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=415497

if edmonton, then try this link!
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=540016

hope they help!
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 2:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul5455
welcome!
which Police service has he applied for?

if Calgary, check the link
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=415497

if edmonton, then try this link!
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=540016

hope they help!
And if it's any other service - please start your own thread and we'll watch with interest !

Welcome to the site - tons of useful info in here. Pull up a chair.
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 4:14 pm
Just Joined

sleepyhollow56 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for the info so far, husband has been glued to the threads posted - and yes he is applying for Edmonton.

Really helpful info, thank you again.
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

skyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really nice

Just a quick digress, can anyone tell me the max age one can apply for the Police (penticton/okanagan) BC. ta
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 11:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by skyturner
Just a quick digress, can anyone tell me the max age one can apply for the Police (penticton/okanagan) BC. ta
I don't know about BC, however we met an RCMP cop the other day who joined at 50 !!!!!!!!
Old Feb 4th 2009, 12:11 am

dboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by skyturner
Those areas are policed by the RCMP. There is no max age; however, you need 20 years for a pension and have to retire at 60. So 40 would be the max for a pension. You also have to be a Canadian Citizen.

I have heard of a lot of guys getting well into there 40's. Although, sometimes that may have military service or have worked in other areas of the federal govt which means there service would be applicable towards any federal pension.

Checks out this link

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/recruiting...uction-eng.htm
Old Feb 4th 2009, 12:36 am
Forum Regular

Robbie500 is an unknown quantity at this point

You cannot join the RCMP unless you are Canadian citizen. They do not take permanent residents into their ranks.