Reload this Page >

Plumbing C of Q assessment

Plumbing C of Q assessment

Old Mar 31st 2014, 8:55 pm
Just Joined

towniegirl30 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Plumbing C of Q assessment

Hi

Has anyone had an assessment on there plumbing certificates from UK to transfer to Ontario?

If so, what qualifications where accepted?
I have NVQ Level 2 & 3 and 9 years experience.

Can you also tell me were you made to sit an exam if your qualifications were not up to standard?

Do you need to be red seal approved to do any plumbing work in Ontario?

Thanks for your help in advance

Paul
Old Mar 31st 2014, 11:33 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Plumbing C of Q assessment

http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/OI/...LUMBER_CM.html

It's a regulated profession in Ontario, so you would need either to become certified or else challenge the red seal endorsement.

http://www.collegeoftrades.ca/wp-con...ipGuideEN1.pdf page 20

http://www.collegeoftrades.ca/member...ade-assessment

Last edited by Siouxie; Mar 31st 2014 at 11:37 pm.
Old Apr 1st 2014, 1:03 pm
Just Joined

towniegirl30 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey thanks for ur reply i just wasnt to sure if you needed it as a employer in canada.
I have been on the phone with the college of trades and they said if i take my certificates over they will compare them and hopefully approve me otherwise i will have to sit the exam
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 3:43 am
AB/SK

Claren is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by towniegirl30
Hey thanks for ur reply i just wasnt to sure if you needed it as a employer in canada.
I have been on the phone with the college of trades and they said if i take my certificates over they will compare them and hopefully approve me otherwise i will have to sit the exam
You will have to sit the exam, no matter what. You have to prove qualifications and experience (9000 hours) If you can prove that they will let you sit the exam.