Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Plastering/drywall roles with LMOs

Plastering/drywall roles with LMOs

Old Apr 20th 2014, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

BexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of light
Default Plastering/drywall roles with LMOs

Hi all,

Does anybody know of any construction companies that are looking for drywallers or plasterers that have LMOs?

A big thanks in advance!

BexM
Old Apr 25th 2014, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

Island Bound is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Plastering/drywall roles with LMOs

Yes I do....

My English friend is working in Regina for a drywall company called Kalco construction. He is on their LMO.
Apparently they are currently looking for workers.
So google them and give them a call/email....
You never know.
Old Apr 25th 2014, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

Good luck....

My husband also does drywall and we are now residents but I know how hard it was trying to get a job offer.
Took us years....

Last edited by christmasoompa; Apr 25th 2014 at 7:01 pm. Reason: Sorry, but please share the info via PM as it's a public forum, thx.
Old Apr 25th 2014, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

BexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you so much for this - we will get onto them right away. Thanks for the luck too! We could really do with some of that at the moment after all of the closed doors we've encountered - hopefully the company you've given us will bring something...fingers crossed!

Old Apr 25th 2014, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

We tried applying through the UK - emailing lots and lots of firms in Canada.
Not even a reply email to say sorry.....
We used an immigration company but it cost thousands, they did find us a job but it took 3/4 years..
You find lots of the drywall jobs are in Alberta or Sask...
We have been in Alberta 2 years now and hoping to move to V Island, our dream from day one.
Don't worry where the job is - once you are resident you can go and sell ice cream - anywhere you want in Canada.
It really is all about getting here and finding the LMO job.

Just tell them you know a friend of the English guy who works for the company.
The contact person is Tara and she was really good to them.
Old Apr 25th 2014, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

Oh that is brilliant, thank you so much!

We are using an immigration company but apparently they are not licensed in recruitment in alberta, which is where we were looking. We have applied for more than 100 jobs, but as you say, no response from any of them. We had one that offered a job but all has gone quiet so we are widening the search area to see if we will have any joy anywhere else.

Good luck with your move to V Island; I hope it is all your dreamed of, and also that we won't be too far behind with achieving our own dream!
Old Apr 25th 2014, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

Let us know how you get on...
Sure others would be interested to hear aswell...
Lots of people go through same situation!!

I have private messaged you Kalco contact details my friend has given me and apparently the company seem quite happy for you to contact them!
Old Apr 25th 2014, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

Brilliant! Thank you!