PIN REVERSAL

Old Oct 29th 2008, 5:09 pm
Arrived at last!!

woodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond repute
Default PIN REVERSAL

Someone just sent me the following information. Don't know if it is true, and hope no one ever has to use it

PIN NUMBER REVERSAL (GOOD TO KNOW)

If you should ever be forced by a robber to withdraw money from an ATM
machine, you can notify the police by entering your Pin # in reverse.

For example if your pin number is 1234 then you would put in 4321.

The ATM recognizes that your pin number is backwards from the ATM card
you placed in the machine

The machine will still give you the moneyyou requested, but unknown to
the robber, the police will be immediately dispatched to help you.

This information was recently broadcast on CTV and it states that it
is seldom used because people don't know it exists.

I checked with my Bank of Nova Scotia to see if this was correct and
staff said yes this information is correct.

Please pass this along to everyone possible
Old Oct 29th 2008, 5:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PIN REVERSAL

Originally Posted by woodmanbg
Someone just sent me the following information. Don't know if it is true, and hope no one ever has to use it

PIN NUMBER REVERSAL (GOOD TO KNOW)

If you should ever be forced by a robber to withdraw money from an ATM
machine, you can notify the police by entering your Pin # in reverse.

For example if your pin number is 1234 then you would put in 4321.

The ATM recognizes that your pin number is backwards from the ATM card
you placed in the machine

The machine will still give you the moneyyou requested, but unknown to
the robber, the police will be immediately dispatched to help you.

This information was recently broadcast on CTV and it states that it
is seldom used because people don't know it exists.

I checked with my Bank of Nova Scotia to see if this was correct and
staff said yes this information is correct.

Please pass this along to everyone possible
That ones been going around for ages unfortunately it's rubbish.

http://www.snopes.com/business/bank/pinalert.asp

Last edited by Elaine B.; Oct 29th 2008 at 5:13 pm. Reason: added link
Old Oct 29th 2008, 5:12 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

not even remotely true

Old Oct 29th 2008, 5:15 pm
Arrived at last!!

woodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elaine B.
That ones been going around for ages unfortunately it's rubbish.

Thanks Elaine B, thats a useful site. Thought it sounded too good to be true!
Old Oct 29th 2008, 5:16 pm
Arrived at last!!

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
Thanks Zoe I'm a bit gullible this morning
Old Oct 29th 2008, 5:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Elaine B, thats a useful site. Thought it sounded too good to be true!
My MIL is always sending me stuff like that so I make a habit of checking things out on that site if I think it sounds a little weird.
Old Oct 29th 2008, 5:37 pm
Arrived at last!!

Originally Posted by Elaine B.
My MIL is always sending me stuff like that so I make a habit of checking things out on that site if I think it sounds a little weird.
Thanks Elaine, I will use it in future and pass it on to others
Old Oct 29th 2008, 5:45 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

snopes is a fascinating site. So easy to spend hours there.
Old Oct 29th 2008, 5:45 pm

marclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to all

its a bit worrying that the OP's bank confirmed the story?
Old Oct 29th 2008, 5:48 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

I think that 'confirmation' is just a variation in the story that gets around.

Whenever these myths get passed on there's often someone who says "Hey, that happened to a friend of mine...except it was a man and not a woman who......"
Old Oct 29th 2008, 5:51 pm

marclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to all

Originally Posted by BristolUK
I think that 'confirmation' is just a variation in the story that gets around.
ahh, i guess, i read it that she confirmed it. this is quite a dangerous hoax, most i see just waste inbox space or spread rumours, this is quite different.
Old Oct 29th 2008, 6:05 pm
Oscar nominated

One of my faves is this one.......

Immediately after Neil Armstrong uttered his famous "That's one small step for man ..." quote during the historic first moon landing, he added the cryptic phrase, "Good luck, Mr. Gorsky!" Not until over twenty-five years later did Armstrong reveal that Mr. Gorsky was a former neighbor, whose wife had proclaimed that she would give him oral sex "when the kid next door walks on the moon."
Old Oct 29th 2008, 6:05 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Thought it sounded too good to be true!
My view is that if something looks that good or that easy, it can't be true. Plus the only information an ATM machine sends to your bank is your account number and your PIN. The bank only checks that the two match before checking anything else.
Old Oct 29th 2008, 9:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

bodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to behold

Also if it was true, what if your number was a palindrome?