Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Picking dog up from Aiport when she arrives

Picking dog up from Aiport when she arrives

Old Dec 28th 2011, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

markss is just really nicemarkss is just really nicemarkss is just really nicemarkss is just really nicemarkss is just really nicemarkss is just really nicemarkss is just really nicemarkss is just really nice
Default Picking dog up from Aiport when she arrives

Just wanted some answer as to what happens when your dog arrives at landed Airport. What is the process?

She will be folowing us after 3 weeks to Calgary.

any advice??
Old Dec 28th 2011, 4:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Picking dog up from Aiport when she arrives

Try this link
http://www.inspection.gc.ca/english/...i/canine.shtml

or this link
http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/publications/d...19-1-1-eng.pdf

Last edited by Former Lancastrian; Dec 28th 2011 at 5:11 pm.
Old Dec 28th 2011, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

markss is just really nicemarkss is just really nicemarkss is just really nicemarkss is just really nicemarkss is just really nicemarkss is just really nicemarkss is just really nicemarkss is just really nice

I know the info for sending her. It was just what I need to bring to Airport to collect her from her filght.
Old Dec 28th 2011, 5:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Just documentation will be fine. Im sure we wont complain if not on a goods to follow list Check to see if Customs have restricted hours for clearing goods at the airport of arrival. If we are busy clearing flights then unfortunately your dog is not a priority for clearance.

http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/contact/listin...fice631-e.html

Last edited by Former Lancastrian; Dec 28th 2011 at 5:24 pm.
Old Dec 28th 2011, 5:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markss
Just wanted some answer as to what happens when your dog arrives at landed Airport. What is the process?

She will be folowing us after 3 weeks to Calgary.

any advice??
Mark, when I collected my cats from YVR I was asked to show my passport (to establish my status in Canada at the time, which was Temp foreign worker). Other than that, I just needed the freight bill. The vets certificates were with the cats (although it is worth taking a copy along if you have them. Mine got mislaid and I had to print some more copies). Customs were very helpful and despite the little hiccup of missing vets certs, it all went smoothly. Good luck

PS be prepared to pay for handling / customs etc at the airport.
Old Dec 28th 2011, 5:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

In anticipation of the how much question
http://www.inspection.gc.ca/english/.../feefrae.shtml
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/fpa-apa/fees-droits-eng.html

Last edited by Former Lancastrian; Dec 28th 2011 at 5:42 pm.
Old Dec 28th 2011, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the info, very helpful.
Old Dec 29th 2011, 1:11 am
Forum Regular

m4mm4l is just really nicem4mm4l is just really nicem4mm4l is just really nicem4mm4l is just really nicem4mm4l is just really nicem4mm4l is just really nicem4mm4l is just really nicem4mm4l is just really nice

Hello,

We shipped our 3 Labradors a couple of years ago and the process was very straight forward and quick.
We drove around to the cargo entrance about 30 minutes after they had landed and they were already there in their crates. We showed them our passports for ID and the pet passports for the rabies jabs plus the shipping manifest then paid the customs/handling fees and that was it.
With dogs it's best to keep them in the crates until you've got them home as it causes extra stress trying to get them back in after so long in them. we hired a u-haul van and the customs guys forklifted them straight in for us.
Old Dec 30th 2011, 5:49 pm
Just Joined

ms1209 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I am currently living in Calgary Alberta and wanting to bring my labrador over, i cant seem to find a site that will do this for me.

Can you please recommend?

Many thanks
Nicki
Old Dec 30th 2011, 6:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by ms1209
Hi,

I am currently living in Calgary Alberta and wanting to bring my labrador over, i cant seem to find a site that will do this for me.

Many thanks
Nicki
Check the airlines that have direct flights to Calgary from the UK.
Old Dec 30th 2011, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

m4mm4l is just really nicem4mm4l is just really nicem4mm4l is just really nicem4mm4l is just really nicem4mm4l is just really nicem4mm4l is just really nicem4mm4l is just really nicem4mm4l is just really nice

Hello - we used a company called ' PetsAway UK', they were very good and built the crates to fit the dogs and get them into certain weight categories. Saved us over a 1000 pounds.

We shipped 3 labradors - one of which was 90lbs so should have needed a reinforced crate but they made the crate lighter so both dog and crate combined were under the limit.
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 6:30 am
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ms1209
Hi,

Many thanks
Nicki
PBS pet travel...couldn't recommend highly enough 10/10. Ask for emelie bunny, she was a fantastic help.
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 7:09 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for this thread and the interesting responses, most helpful. Have any of the Maritimes Club, got any info on animal tranport by chance? I am sending three cats and a Cairn Terrier to Fredericton in July/August - I am assuming they go the same route we do, Montreal and then arrive in Fredericton. I don't suppose Bristol sent a dog? I am currently considering re-homing our son, he's always been popular with our next door neighbours too, and unlike the cats doesn't poop in their garden.

Last edited by MillieF; Jan 2nd 2012 at 7:10 am. Reason: Typo on the ipad
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 12:56 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Apologies - i didn't want to respond to this post! I wanted to respond to the other thread, called Flying Cats. My 'odd' respose makes sense with regard to that thread - the internet went off and hence I replied to the wrong post...sorry