Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Phone interview Next week

Phone interview Next week

Old Jul 18th 2008, 7:11 am
BE Forum Addict

celtic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Phone interview Next week

Originally Posted by The Ross Family
Hi Celtic Warrior

Sounds as though the interview went well. My OH had his last night and it lasted for oven an hour. Usual questions including 'where do you see yourself in 5 years time'. His was a conference type call with two at the Canadian end. He is to send copies of drawings (he is a Civil Engineer) and like you has another interview next week. Seems to be the norm that they grill you more than once.

OH thought it went well and thanked them for their time, they said that they were very interested in him and offered to support us through the PNP route

So like you we are waiting until next week now for the 2nd one. Let us know how you get on

Hello Ross Family

I agree it does seem to be the norm that they want to interview you more than once, probably to make sure that you are the best peprson for the job.
That's great the your OH had a good interview, it does make you feel a whole lot better when you know things have went well.

I will keep my fingers crossed for your OH, Keep me posted as to how round 2 goes.

Cheers.
CW
Old Jul 24th 2008, 7:09 pm
Permanent Resident

The Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud of

Celtic Warrior

How did the 2nd interview go?

OH's has been postponed til Monday while they take a look at his PDF drawings and copies of his educational certs. Don't know if this is a good sign

Anyway would love to hear how you got on
Old Jul 24th 2008, 7:27 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Celtic Warrior

OH's has been postponed til Monday while they take a look at his PDF drawings and copies of his educational certs. Don't know if this is a good sign

This is a good sign:
as is this:

This is a bad sign:
and so is this? :curse:

Get the idea?

Good
Old Jul 24th 2008, 7:28 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
This is a good sign:
as is this:

This is a bad sign:
and so is this? :curse:

Get the idea?

Good

Good Luck Ross Family and Celtic Warrier
Old Jul 25th 2008, 6:08 am
BE Forum Addict

celtic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond repute

Celtic Warrior

Hi,

My Interview has also been postponed, until Wednesday, so it gives me a little extra time to make sure i am well prepared.

Good Luck with your OH'S 2nd interview, let me know how it goes.
Old Jul 25th 2008, 6:19 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by celtic warrior
Hi,

My Interview has also been postponed, until Wednesday, so it gives me a little extra time to make sure i am well prepared.

Good Luck with your OH'S 2nd interview, let me know how it goes.
Frick
I was hoping to be able to uncross my eyes
Old Jul 26th 2008, 8:16 am
Permanent Resident

The Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud of

Hi Celtic Warrior

What is it with these Canadians

Boy do they know how to keep us dangling. Hopefully Monday will go like clockwork and we can have some good news for you all.

Fingers crossed for you guys too. Will let you know how it all goes.

Old Jul 28th 2008, 7:42 pm
Permanent Resident

Celtic Warrior

Back again.

2nd interview last night, 3 Canadian guys talking to my OH. Went through some of his drawings etc. Told him a lot more about the company, where they are based in Calgary, also arranging for another expat to talk to him in the next couple of days to let him know the good, the bad and the ugly. OH seemed to think it all went to plan and has good vibes. So I suppose it's just a waiting game now although they did mention end of October as a possible date for him to start.

OMG if this is true I don't have a lot of time to empty my house onto ebay - plus we are off on holiday from the end of this week.
Old Jul 28th 2008, 9:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celtic Warrior

Back again.

2nd interview last night, 3 Canadian guys talking to my OH. Went through some of his drawings etc. Told him a lot more about the company, where they are based in Calgary, also arranging for another expat to talk to him in the next couple of days to let him know the good, the bad and the ugly. OH seemed to think it all went to plan and has good vibes. So I suppose it's just a waiting game now although they did mention end of October as a possible date for him to start.

OMG if this is true I don't have a lot of time to empty my house onto ebay - plus we are off on holiday from the end of this week.
That's Brilliant news that it went so well Hopefully confirmation of the job will come through very soon, then you will be able to start a fabulous new life for your family. I am dead chuffed for you

CW
Old Jul 29th 2008, 2:29 am
Banned

Celtic Warrior

Back again.

Fingers and toes crossed.
Old Jul 29th 2008, 4:25 am
Just Joined

Monsterjosh is just really niceMonsterjosh is just really niceMonsterjosh is just really niceMonsterjosh is just really niceMonsterjosh is just really niceMonsterjosh is just really niceMonsterjosh is just really niceMonsterjosh is just really niceMonsterjosh is just really niceMonsterjosh is just really niceMonsterjosh is just really nice

I have been through Brooks many times on the Highway(not actually to the town), we live an hour away in Medicine Hat(60,000 pop).
The only think people say about Brooks is the smell from the Slaughter Houses, but most people get used to it.
I'm not sure exactly what stores they have there but more often than not, people travel into The Hat for big stuff like Walmart and Costco.
If you need any more info i can find out for ya! Good Luck Guys!!
Old Jul 29th 2008, 8:19 am
Permanent Resident

Celtic Warrior

Fingers crossed for your turn tomorrow night

Agency rang again tonight to say that they were checking references including OH's current employer so this must be a good sign

Don't forget to let us know how it goes.
Old Jul 29th 2008, 9:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Celtic Warrior

Fingers crossed for your turn tomorrow night

Agency rang again tonight to say that they were checking references including OH's current employer so this must be a good sign

Don't forget to let us know how it goes.
That's brilliant that they're at the checking of references stage
It sounds like you just need confirmation that the job is in the bag

I will keep you posted on how my interview goes tomorrow

CW
Old Jul 30th 2008, 7:38 pm
Permanent Resident

Celtic Warrior

What's the latest? Dying to know how you got on last night.

We are still waiting but OH is being called tonight by another expat at the company who have been talking to him to discuss the ins and outs of working and living in Canada. Surely this must be a good sign - can't imagine that they would go to all this trouble otherwise

We are off to Spain tomorrow for 10 days so don't expect any more news until we get back although agency does have OH's mobile number. It has been so full on with interviews etc that it will be nice to step away from it for a few days.

Nerves are kicking in
Old Jul 30th 2008, 9:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celtic Warrior

What's the latest? Dying to know how you got on last night.

We are still waiting but OH is being called tonight by another expat at the company who have been talking to him to discuss the ins and outs of working and living in Canada. Surely this must be a good sign - can't imagine that they would go to all this trouble otherwise

We are off to Spain tomorrow for 10 days so don't expect any more news until we get back although agency does have OH's mobile number. It has been so full on with interviews etc that it will be nice to step away from it for a few days.

Nerves are kicking in

Hi Ross Family

I got a call last night, however it was not the interview i was expecting, it was to tell me that, as a "not for profit" organisation, they would unfortunately not be persuing my application any further due to the Fees of the agency were to High

They wished me well in my job search and were sure i would find something soon

Never mind, i am not downbeat, just a little dissapointed, however what's for you, wont go by you I have applied for lots of positions (35 since Monday)
So hopefully I get a positive result soon enough.

Enjoy your break in Spain, get those batteries recharged, and keep us posted on the OH'S job prospects

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.