Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Petrol Prices in Canada !!!

Petrol Prices in Canada !!!

Old Sep 17th 2004, 2:12 am
squarepants

Default Petrol Prices in Canada !!!

The summer time has seen prices stuck between 75-86c/ltr ( here in ontario anyway ). If you drive around town, you can sometimes get a bargain, for under 70c.

Today, the lowest have seen is 77.1, just make sure you stay away from petrol canada, esso, and other leeches

Folks around the country, how are things where you are?

http://www.torontogasprices.com/

http://ottawagasprices.com/

Gas ( petrol ) tracker for Canada:

http://www.garnetknight.com/gas/

http://www.gaswatch.org/

Last edited by squarepants; Sep 17th 2004 at 2:51 am.

Old Sep 17th 2004, 2:17 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Petrol Prices in Canada !!!

Can you rename this thread "Petrol prices in Hamilton"?

If you want to discuss gas prices across canada its going on round about page 8 (post #112) of this entertainingly random thread
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...26#post1669326

Originally Posted by squarepants
The summer time has seen prices stuck between 75-86c/ltr ( here in ontario anyway ). If you drive around town, you can sometimes get a bargain, for under 70c.

There is a particular gas station on hwy 8 in Hamilton that alway seems to have the lowest prices round there. Today, the lowest have seen is 77.1, just make sure you stay away from petrol canada, esso, and other leeches

http://www.torontogasprices.com/

Gas ( petrol ) tracker for Canada:

http://www.garnetknight.com/gas/
Old Sep 17th 2004, 2:25 am
squarepants

You know, have tried to ignore you, but you seem to have a problem with my threads that ain't got nothing to do with you, for someone that has me on IGNORE, and goes out of his way to tell me, you sure have a funny way of knowing what am talking about.

I'll draw Ray's attention to this, so that when push comes to shove, you don't start throwing your toys out of your pram, and trying to make everyone feel sorry for you.

Take your ego somewhere else, not interested in it.

Old Sep 17th 2004, 2:38 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

You know, have tried to ignore you, but you seem to have a problem with my threads that ain't got nothing to do with you, for someone that has me on IGNORE, and goes out of his way to tell me, you sure have a funny way of knowing what am talking about.

I'll draw Ray's attention to this, so that when push comes to shove, you don't start throwing your toys out of your pram, and trying to make everyone feel sorry for you.

Take your ego somewhere else, not interested in it.

Whooaah Nelly

I replied to your comment about the IGNORE thing elsewhere. At the moment you are not on the ignore list, obviously. All I was saying is that this thread wasnt about gas prices in Canada, and pointed a link at a discusion elsewhere that sort of was, at the moment. Calm down, if people want to contribute to the thread they will, what are you worried about?

I did checked out your link to the national gas price thing, but it doenst really help me cos it doesnt list the cheapest stations in my area, which is what I was expecting it to.

Please, dont take every comment on your posts so personally, for everyones sake!

What is this "your threads" thing? Between me and you we pretty much end up posting on practically every thread posted here sooner or later. I cant comment for you, but I come here because I am interested in helping newcommers understand some things about canada that may not be obvious, and to have the odd entertaining bit of banter with people with a similar interest and a some common expat experience. You and me, sometimes we disagree. Big deal. They are not your posts, they are not my posts, they are everyones posts.

Lets just relax, lifes too short.
Old Sep 17th 2004, 11:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by iaink
Whooaah Nelly

Now that's just too cute and very original - haven't heard that for ages....my granddad use to call my irish grannie Nelly as a nickname (thought it was irish) since that's the irish side of my family!!!!
Old Sep 17th 2004, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular

tom thumb is an unknown quantity at this point

way off thread but i thought nelly was short for helen?even though it has the same no of letters!!!!!
Old Sep 17th 2004, 3:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute

Well - to go back to the original thread - which I think should be called "Gas" prices in Canada because nobody in Canada would ever call it petrol. Anyway, I filled up yesterday and paid 80.5 cents a litre. That is quite low for what it has been.
Old Sep 17th 2004, 3:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by lizwil98
Well - to go back to the original thread - which I think should be called "Gas" prices in Canada because nobody in Canada would ever call it petrol. Anyway, I filled up yesterday and paid 80.5 cents a litre. That is quite low for what it has been.
God, you guys, in Victoria....we are paying 93.5 - were paing 98.8 over the summer!!!

Be thankful you don't live in paradise!!!!!
Old Sep 17th 2004, 3:36 pm
Once bemused

Rhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really nice

The forum is for British expats, who will understand petrol better and might assume it was about natural gas, not realising that Canadians like to talk about petrol/gas prices.

In England, it is about the same in pence as it is in cents over there.
Old Sep 17th 2004, 8:59 pm
squarepants

Liz......thanks for bringing the thread back on track, also if you want to be pandantic about things, I'll get the mods to change it to GAS then

That is a high price round here, today as we speak, it's going for 76.1 cents at ESSO, but cheaper at places like BEAVER, and SUNOCO.

Old Sep 17th 2004, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

tallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to behold

Here in Montreal 92.4c a litre today.
Old Sep 17th 2004, 9:07 pm
squarepants

Now that is just damn ludicrous

Originally Posted by tallperson
Here in Montreal 92.4c a litre today.

Old Sep 17th 2004, 9:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Now that is just damn ludicrous
Sure.......sure....sure you you agree that 92.4 in Montreal is ludicrous.....but I tell you that we're paying 93.8 in Victoria.....what do I get......nothing, no sympathy at all!!!!!!!

Last edited by willmore; Sep 17th 2004 at 9:30 pm.
Old Sep 17th 2004, 9:27 pm
Glaswegian

Originally Posted by Rhodes
Canadians like to talk about petrol/gas prices.
Canadians get a lot of gas, it's the fizzy beer.

Old Sep 17th 2004, 9:28 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

Originally Posted by willmore
Sure.......sure....sure you you agree that 92.4 in Montreal is ludicrous.....but I tell you that we're paying 93.8 in Victorira.....what do I get......nothing, no sympathy at all!!!!!!!
But you are living in "paradise"...you dont need our sympathy, and we only have so much to go around.

73c in Belleville today still. I'm off to fill up my little mazda. Got nearly 600k out of this tank full, somehow my Sube is only good for about 430max, and the tanks are the same size. Something not right about that

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.