Reload this Page >

Pet Travel West Jet to Saskatoon

Pet Travel West Jet to Saskatoon

Old Jan 9th 2009, 11:38 am
Just Joined

Dane8000 is on a distinguished road
Default Pet Travel West Jet to Saskatoon

Hi all,

I've reviewed the many posts on air travel from UK to Canada with dogs and see that air transat seems to be the best option, but was wondering if anyone has used wesjet once in Canada? My problem is that I'm not flying to my destination directly and will likely have to take an internal fight within Canada to Saskatoon from Toronto. Has anyone used westjet with their pet?

Thanks
Old Jan 9th 2009, 1:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Travel West Jet to Saskatoon

Some friends of mine brought their two Cairn terriers over. They flew them from Calgary to Regina via Westjet and were very pleased with the service. I can't remember who they used from Heathrow to Calgary, but I do know they were allowed to take the dogs out of the crates and walk them outside while they were in Calgary.
Old Jan 9th 2009, 10:07 pm
Account Closed

Flaykee1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dane8000
Hi all,

I've reviewed the many posts on air travel from UK to Canada with dogs and see that air transat seems to be the best option, but was wondering if anyone has used wesjet once in Canada? My problem is that I'm not flying to my destination directly and will likely have to take an internal fight within Canada to Saskatoon from Toronto. Has anyone used westjet with their pet?

Thanks
Hi! We used WestJet with our 2 cats flying from Toronto to Thunder Bay. (Had flown from Belfast to Toronto prior to that flight) It was about 1 and half hour flight from Toronto. I would highly recommend WestJet for pet travel. The staff were wonderful with the cats and when the crates had to be x-rayed, we were able to hold our cats while we waited. Westjet security even assisted us in getting them some water and cut the plastic ties so we could access the cats. Pets are picked up right at the check in desk, and placed on the plane last so there is less stress. Pick up at the next airport was so smooth! I do recommend Westjet, for pets and for your own comfort! Also, does Air Transat still carry pets? We were going to fly with them but their pet carrying policy had changed so we went with another airline.
Old Jan 10th 2009, 10:04 am
Just Joined

Dane8000 is on a distinguished road

Hey,

Thanks for the replies.... I've always used westjet when possible as they are by far and way better than air canada. I am Canadian so I have a long history of being disappointed by air canada....

As far as air transat taking pets I think they do. I searched this forum and say posts by people very recently who flew with them and said they were wonderful. I am just starting the pet-moving process now for a move in March so I've yet to find out everything. Getting to saskatoon has never been very convenient and now with the dog its even more tricky...I want to minimize his transfers so may go Glasgow-Toronto-Saskatoon with one change over.