Pet travel

Old Apr 10th 2012, 3:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet travel

Originally Posted by woodywoodside
My dogs have flown several times with airtransat I always book this myself it normally costs around £250. per pet, I always tie my cages with plastic cable ties just incase they try to escape. I just check them in at check in with myself and pick them up at the other end. Please don't forget to declare them on the customs form I missed it last year and nearly got charged a $1000 as a fine.
Yeah I guess the question on the E311 form is somewhat unclear

Meat/meat products; dairy products; fruits;
vegetables; seeds; nuts; plants and animals or their
parts/products; cut flowers; soil; wood/wood
products; birds; insects.

I guess pets fall in the category ANIMALS
Old Apr 10th 2012, 3:31 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Howefamily
Oh and check the info on the airline website, Air Canada wont fly pets in the hot summer months or coldest winter months due to the temps in the hold and there is are restrictions on weight and age, cant be very young or very skinny as we read it.
I think brachiocephalic dogs are also questionable. Anybody wanting to bring ones should research more on that for sure. They're more likely to die during transport than any other i think i read once.
Old Apr 10th 2012, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

justie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to all

Originally Posted by bryandd
Hiya, we've also been looking into shipping animals from Glasgow to Vancouver with moderate success..we found out that Air Transat DO NOT allow Staffordshire Bull Terriers and other particular breeds onto any of their flights. Phoned numerous pet travel companies who told us that this was not true, but then we showed them the link to the Air Transat website and they quickly changed their stories..Our two dogs will have to be shipped on BA or Air Canada out of Gatwick. We were told by the airlines that we MUST go through a middle man company..the best quote we've had is from JetSetPets, though there still is alot of paperwork and vet checks that we need to sort out ourselves..PetAirUK were highly recommended but the person we spoke to was useless and their quote was ridiculously high. Be sure to do your own researching before phoning these companies.
Yes thats what they told us , you have to use an agent but if you see original replies if you book them on the flight by phoning the office in Canada you can. I have read it somewhere else on here too. So I will try.
Old Apr 10th 2012, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

justie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to all

Thanks for all your advice, you know when i started all this emigrating business i had a Bernese mountain dog, golden lab & 2 ginger cats. It has taken that bloomin long i have 1 cat left. Kinda glad not having to take all four mind you......