Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

permanent residency help

permanent residency help

Old Mar 25th 2008, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

karen 1972 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default permanent residency help

I am hoping someone could advice us.We have our permanent residency papers and we need to be in british columbia before september.We have not even had a offer on our house yet and we need to sell it for the money.Does anyone know if when the time came could we go over for a week get our paper work stamped and come back to england till we sell the house,our can you not do that.As we are starting to panic now,with whats going on with the housing market.I really hope someone can help.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 1:27 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: permanent residency help

Yes you can. Lots of people do and have posted about it here. Get over and get landed well before your PR visa expires. You then should have plenty of time to sell up on move over.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

Thankyou for your reply,So because it will be my husband working there they could not say that he has to stay,but me and the kids can go.The last thing we want after all this is to loose out on this chance.We have to sell the house and it is doing our heads in,depression isnt in it.But thanks very much
Old Mar 25th 2008, 6:54 pm
Arrived at last!!

woodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond repute

My husband landed Christmas 2005 and we didnt move over here permanently until October 2007. Like you it took time to sell our house. Good luck.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by woodmanbg
My husband landed Christmas 2005 and we didnt move over here permanently until October 2007. Like you it took time to sell our house. Good luck.
Thankyou for your reply .Hopefully to day we have someone coming again today to have a look for the 6 time,lets just hope they put in a good offer.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

Mikelesley is a name known to allMikelesley is a name known to allMikelesley is a name known to allMikelesley is a name known to allMikelesley is a name known to allMikelesley is a name known to allMikelesley is a name known to allMikelesley is a name known to allMikelesley is a name known to allMikelesley is a name known to allMikelesley is a name known to all

We got our visas in December and are going over in 5 weeks time for 2 weeks for a final recce as to where we are going to hopefully stay. Then we will be coming back to a hopefully sold house then making our way across to CA. Like you and alot of people we want to sell the house before we go.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 11:40 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karen 1972
I am hoping someone could advice us.We have our permanent residency papers and we need to be in british columbia before september.We have not even had a offer on our house yet and we need to sell it for the money.Does anyone know if when the time came could we go over for a week get our paper work stamped and come back to england till we sell the house,our can you not do that.
Yes, you can do that. Be aware that if you don't "land" by the expiry date, you will have to reapply for scratch.

There is no flexibility. So don't leave it to the last minute.

Even if you find a buyer for your house, you need to understand that an offer on your house is legally meaningless (at least in England and Wales) until contracts are exchanged.