Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Permanent Documents

Permanent Documents

Old Sep 23rd 2009, 1:03 am
Just Joined

natrum is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Permanent Documents

I have to register in Ontario to practice in Real Estate and the registering board is asking for my landing papers. I cannot find them and when I asked the immigration office for another copy, they told me that they no longer issue them and that the Permanent Resident card should be proof enough as that is all they issue now. Does anyone have any information that might clear this up for me?
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 1:23 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Permanent Documents

Originally Posted by natrum
I have to register in Ontario to practice in Real Estate and the registering board is asking for my landing papers. I cannot find them and when I asked the immigration office for another copy, they told me that they no longer issue them and that the Permanent Resident card should be proof enough as that is all they issue now. Does anyone have any information that might clear this up for me?
Do you have any information that might clear this up for us? E.g. do you have a PR card, and if not, why not?
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 1:43 am
Just Joined

Yes I have a card, but cannot find my papers. The registration board for my work say they need them and the immigration office say they don't because the card constitutes proof and documents are no longer issued. I would not know if this is accurate or not since we became permanent residents 4 years ago.
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 2:06 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I have a card, but cannot find my papers. The registration board for my work say they need them and the immigration office say they don't because the card constitutes proof and documents are no longer issued. I would not know if this is accurate or not since we became permanent residents 4 years ago.
OK. The registration board is wrong. Tell them to call the CIC if they don't believe you.
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 2:41 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

They are probably looking for the IMM 1000, which hasn't been issued since June/02. The PR card is all you have.
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 12:40 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for confirming.
Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

They are probably looking for the IMM 1000, which hasn't been issued since June/02. The PR card is all you have.
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 12:41 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for confirming.
Thanks