Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

People Happy With Canada

People Happy With Canada

Old Oct 16th 2006, 3:09 am
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light
Default People Happy With Canada

I don't really come on this forum any more as I am very settled in my lifestyle in good ole' Canadia!!

I have popped on here over the past week or so and read a few of the posts - why all the downing of Canada? I think this is why I left this forum in the first place. All this doom and gloom nonsense!

Any country is what you make it.....including the UK! I loved my life in the UK - I didn't run away from anything and I wasn't really thrilled to move away from my beloved Hampshire.....however I did! The whim of my husband was to leave the UK and set up a business in Canada. I did that for him - me....alone! I moved out here with my 8 year old daughter - set up a business and waited for my husband to join us......2 years later he arrived.

Our business 2 years on is a thriving business. Many worries along the line - yes! But no more so than if we had moved to a different area of England. I did this alone - yes a woman, god forbid! I make a good salary for our family - I worked hard for this - but I enjoy it.

I don't come on here anymore because I find it blooming depressing to say the least. And you know what? I know plenty British people over here who enjoy, love the culture and would never return. Some of you guys on here seem so blooming despondent and miserable that it really is a wonder why anyone who found this forum would ever want to move to Canada!

For anyone considering moving to Canada - just get on with it! Trust your instincts and go with it. If you were happy with your life in the UK then you will be happy anywhere....so it might as well be Canada.

Canada is no candy-apple place - yes you have to work hard at it - nothing is given to you on a plate here - but if you are up for the risk then just go for it!

For those who hate Canada - why don't you just go back to where you came from instead of whinging day in day out on this forum about how cruddy it is here?

Apologies to anyone I have offended but jeez it really is no wonder that only whingers come onto this forum! There are PLENTY of us ex-pats who are soooo busy with our lives that we don't have time to come and moan on this forum.

Have a nice day and a fantastic life.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 3:31 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: People Happy With Canada

You too Tia! Good to hear from you!
Old Oct 16th 2006, 3:46 am
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Morwenna
You too Tia! Good to hear from you!
True, I know of at least a couple people who no longer visit here because - horror of horrors - they actually love their life here and just get on with the day to day, bnringing the good, bad and indifferent experiences into their lives.

BE = a whingefest for the marginalized, insecure, negative and pessimistic.

Rich.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 4:06 am
Account Closed

Deer Hunter is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rich_007

BE = a whingefest for the marginalized, insecure, negative and pessimistic.
So which one are you ?
Old Oct 16th 2006, 4:28 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Good post Tia thanks for this. You have been missed if not by many at least by me.

Been here 43 years now and never once wanted to leave, I love my country.

I've considered leaving this forum a couple of times but still continue to try to contribute despite the negativity.

All the best in your life just don't leave completely at least check up on us every now and then.

Cheers
Steve
Old Oct 16th 2006, 6:12 am
Forum Regular

Sunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Tiaribbon
I don't really come on this forum any more as I am very settled in my lifestyle in good ole' Canadia!!

I have popped on here over the past week or so and read a few of the posts - why all the downing of Canada? I think this is why I left this forum in the first place. All this doom and gloom nonsense!

Any country is what you make it.....including the UK! I loved my life in the UK - I didn't run away from anything and I wasn't really thrilled to move away from my beloved Hampshire.....however I did! The whim of my husband was to leave the UK and set up a business in Canada. I did that for him - me....alone! I moved out here with my 8 year old daughter - set up a business and waited for my husband to join us......2 years later he arrived.

Our business 2 years on is a thriving business. Many worries along the line - yes! But no more so than if we had moved to a different area of England. I did this alone - yes a woman, god forbid! I make a good salary for our family - I worked hard for this - but I enjoy it.

I don't come on here anymore because I find it blooming depressing to say the least. And you know what? I know plenty British people over here who enjoy, love the culture and would never return. Some of you guys on here seem so blooming despondent and miserable that it really is a wonder why anyone who found this forum would ever want to move to Canada!

For anyone considering moving to Canada - just get on with it! Trust your instincts and go with it. If you were happy with your life in the UK then you will be happy anywhere....so it might as well be Canada.

Canada is no candy-apple place - yes you have to work hard at it - nothing is given to you on a plate here - but if you are up for the risk then just go for it!

For those who hate Canada - why don't you just go back to where you came from instead of whinging day in day out on this forum about how cruddy it is here?

Apologies to anyone I have offended but jeez it really is no wonder that only whingers come onto this forum! There are PLENTY of us ex-pats who are soooo busy with our lives that we don't have time to come and moan on this forum.

I equaly do not frequently post on this forum. I find the tedium of Y(UK) references distastful to say the least.
Some Canadians especially 'cradle' or those who have never left the country, and who have an unbridled passion for their birth country, incites me to YUK as well! Moving on, I for one, do not like Canada. I don't as is suggested winge day in and day out on this forum, and yes we are going 'Home' back to 'Beautiful Blighty'. We would in reality be a lot 'richer' in Canada materialistically. Work is no longer an issue for me (regulated profession), because I can't work in either Country due to injurys sustained in a Road Traffic Accident , whilst working in the UK (aka Beautiful Blighty)!
The RTA did however put things in perspective for me/us.
We don't Hate Canada, and we are not whiners. Canadian 'Grass' is merely a different shade. Just like a dress (yes I am a woman), some can wear it well and others not. We came, we saw, we lived the reality, and for US, we did not like it. Having said that, are we glad we came and lived the experience,...
Absolutely! We just don't like it here, and we don't belong here.
I don't want to be buried here...I want to be buried where I 'belong'.
A lot of 'talk' on this board is 'subjective'. ie, this is my story, and you get the good and the bad. In order to succesfully intergrate/emmigrate look at the objectives. Life after all, is a learning curve.
I am very happy for those that have come to Canada and are happy with there decision. For some it's Good, for some it's Not. I'm not you, and You are not me.....Suck it and see....maybe good...maybe not.
It's down to Individual choice/bias. Best regards whatever.
To the police spelling people...sorry.
Regards.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 6:55 am
Bristolish expat

Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute

Great post Tia, you've hit the nail on the head , great to hear things are working out for you
Old Oct 16th 2006, 7:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Craftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond repute

Long time no see Tia. Good to read your post and that you're happy in Canada
Old Oct 16th 2006, 9:54 am
BE Forum Addict

kt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond repute

That is terrible advice. There are plenty of people that did exactly what you say and discovered that they don't like Canada more than the UK and either return or can't afford to return. It's much better to do some research before the major upheaval of a move to another country, especially since the CHC is almost at the inter-generational application stage.

K.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 10:05 am
Banned

Lees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kt0157
That is terrible advice. There are plenty of people that did exactly what you say and discovered that they don't like Canada more than the UK and either return or can't afford to return. It's much better to do some research before the major upheaval of a move to another country, especially since the CHC is almost at the inter-generational application stage.

K.
You can do all the research in the world about the country you choose to move doesn't mean that you will enjoy it when you get there.

Most people I would like to assume do research extensively but the emotions of the heart is very hard to research.

I might miss my friends/family where as someone else would say forget them i don't miss them at all.

If you are happy with the decision go with it test it out for a few months keep your finances in order and after a while if you decide you are not happy then leave for the rest of you enjoy your new life.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 11:20 am
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute

Great Post Tia.

I also love living in Canada and wouldnt trade it for the world, but I also love Britain too, its where im from and where my heritage is.

Im very proud of the fact that I came here stuck it out and worked through the adversities to make my life excellent here.

and in 2009 il make an excellent Citizen too.

for all the whiners, please give it up, were bored of hearing it.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 11:29 am
BE Forum Addict

kt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britishvixen21
for all the whiners, please give it up, were bored of hearing it.
It's not for you. It's for people that listen to you.

K.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 11:45 am
BE Forum Addict

flashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hangman
Good post Tia thanks for this. You have been missed if not by many at least by me.

Been here 43 years now and never once wanted to leave, I love my country.

I've considered leaving this forum a couple of times but still continue to try to contribute despite the negativity.

All the best in your life just don't leave completely at least check up on us every now and then.

Cheers
Steve
Me too. I've been here for 38 years.

I think the whiners would have a hard time just moving to a different area of the UK because they would face many of the same issues. Such as different accent, lifestyle, absence of family & friends etc.

Let's face it. It's not so much a different environment but more like different personalities. Some people fit in easily and some don't and whine continuously.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 11:59 am
BE Enthusiast

SANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really nice

Nicely put. 9 months on and boy has it been an interesting 9 months. It has been a hard slogg getting even this far with our new business. But we would not alter a thing about the whole process. Our children's view of the world has opened to a point where just that alone has confirmed why we did this. Life is what you make of it, what you put in might just help you get a little back.

I started to come on here and the 'types' that go out of their way to be clever just make it sensless to waste time replying.

One major issue I had is that some narrow minded people on this forum in Canada spend too much time on scoring points rather than focussing on the real issue of trying to help those that are thinking of doing the 'emigration thing'. But I feel guilty at times for not doing enough. When and if our rollercoaster slows down I would like to spend a bit more time just giving my gut feelings on the whole issue of moving on in life.

Canada has its problems - but the real fact is life has its problems and blaming Canada is not the answer. No one as far as I can recall makes anyone leave the UK. If you don't like Canada go back home or go somewhere else. BUT DON'T BLAME CANADA.

Last edited by SANDRAPAUL; Oct 16th 2006 at 12:03 pm.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 12:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

stepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond repute

Why can't people have a moan about Canada if they want to? It doesn't suit everybody and this is the perfect place to let off steam.

I don't think I moan about it all that much but after being here a couple of years on the whole I'd say I'm not a big fan of the place. It's okay but it's not everything. I do appreciate that for some people it is but they need to appreciate that for others it's not.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.