Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Paying fees online and renewing card late

Wikiposts

Paying fees online and renewing card late

Old Apr 11th 2013, 6:14 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Paying fees online and renewing card late

I am trying to pay the fees online so I can renew my permanent resident cards, but CIC website keeps declining the card.

Called the bank, they don't show any declines are verified card is valid and good and should be working.

Anyone else have trouble paying online?

I was trying to avoid having to wait 1-2 weeks for the fee receipt to pay at a bank.

Also do you think there will be any issues with renewing my card as its been 1 1/2 years since it expired?
Old Apr 11th 2013, 10:20 am
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Paying fees online and renewing card late

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
I am trying to pay the fees online so I can renew my permanent resident cards, but CIC website keeps declining the card.

Called the bank, they don't show any declines are verified card is valid and good and should be working.

Anyone else have trouble paying online?

I was trying to avoid having to wait 1-2 weeks for the fee receipt to pay at a bank.

Also do you think there will be any issues with renewing my card as its been 1 1/2 years since it expired?
Your credit card may have been declined due to your 18 months lapse of PR (card) so can't process your renewal in the normal way. It may have nothing to do with the credit card itself.

Last edited by Cookie; Apr 11th 2013 at 10:24 am.
Old Apr 13th 2013, 1:02 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cookie
Your credit card may have been declined due to your 18 months lapse of PR (card) so can't process your renewal in the normal way. It may have nothing to do with the credit card itself.
They don't ask for any information regarding my card or me when trying to pay, they just ask for billing info and card info.

Anyhow my mom used her card and it worked fine.
Old Apr 13th 2013, 1:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Try using your mums card , I have just done this process and it took a few goes before it accepted my card , Think I had to leave a gap between month / year in the box for expiry date of the card .