Reload this Page >

Pay Class 2 NI

Pay Class 2 NI

Old Mar 4th 2024, 2:17 am
Forum Regular

dj322 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pay Class 2 NI

Hello all,

I recently completed the CF83 and finally after months I got a response advising my shortfalls, I was told I have some periods where I owe class 2 payments + class 3 or I just owe class 2 payments. In the letter it states to go to the class 2 URL to make a payment or the class 3 URL to make a payment, I have some questions:
  1. Should I go to the class 2 URL and make a bulk payment here (add up all the class 2 + 3 shortfalls together)?
  2. Or should I pay each individual line/period no the different URLs so it's obvious which payment belongs to which?
  3. The letter also states "Due to changes in the law, you need the Pension Service to confirm whether your State Pension will increase if you pay any shortfall". Does this mean I should contact them before making any payments?
Thanks for any advice you might have.
Old Mar 4th 2024, 12:49 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dj322
Hello all,

I recently completed the CF83 and finally after months I got a response advising my shortfalls, I was told I have some periods where I owe class 2 payments + class 3 or I just owe class 2 payments. In the letter it states to go to the class 2 URL to make a payment or the class 3 URL to make a payment, I have some questions:
  1. Should I go to the class 2 URL and make a bulk payment here (add up all the class 2 + 3 shortfalls together)?
  2. Or should I pay each individual line/period no the different URLs so it's obvious which payment belongs to which?
  3. The letter also states "Due to changes in the law, you need the Pension Service to confirm whether your State Pension will increase if you pay any shortfall". Does this mean I should contact them before making any payments?
Thanks for any advice you might have.
Call them to get your questions answered.

I recently heard as well and owe 14 years of Class 2. I'll call them and pay over the phone using visa so I know they have it for me and I can log the details. I'm just waiting for my Canadian tax return and will re-purpose my refund to to HMRC.
Old Mar 18th 2024, 7:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

shelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM
Call them to get your questions answered.

I recently heard as well and owe 14 years of Class 2. I'll call them and pay over the phone using visa so I know they have it for me and I can log the details. I'm just waiting for my Canadian tax return and will re-purpose my refund to to HMRC.
You cannot pay over the phone using a credit card....I asked that this morning.
Old Mar 19th 2024, 1:30 am
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shelley748
You cannot pay over the phone using a credit card....I asked that this morning.
No you can't.

I actually just paid 14 years of contributions this evening via my Barclays Bank account.

Glad it is done!