Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Passport with Visa Sticker

Passport with Visa Sticker

Old Oct 16th 2002, 4:39 am
Forum Regular

doubter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Passport with Visa Sticker

I was asked to send the passports to the Detroit Consulate for attaching the visa stickers and within 5 days I did accordingly. In addition to the passports, they wanted 4 copies of photographs with specific dimensions, the ROLF and a newly introduced personal data sheet showing applicants’ details like height, colour of the eye, etc. These details are for them to issue the PR card after arriving in Canada.
The passports and the documents have arrived there by noon on Sept-30, Monday. I could know this by tracking the movement of the packet from the shipment carrier’s website. I had enclosed a pre-paid US Express Mail envelope also to mail back the passports to my contact address in USA.
Now I have entered the 3rd week and I have not heard anything from them till now. Usually how long does it take to get back the passport, any previous experiences? The online status on the Consulate’s website only says, “Decision made and this was informed to the applicant by letter on (date). Medical results received�. The information does not say whether the visa is issued and passports mailed back. The letter I received from the Consulate says that I can expect to receive back the passports within 10 days if I enclosed a return postage paid US Express Mail envelope, else I can expect it back within 15 days. To expedite the matter, I had enclosed a postage paid US Express Mail for returning the documents & passports and I have not heard anything from them. Today is the 17th day. Any idea when will I get back the passports with visa?

Thanx in advance,
Jimmy.
Old Oct 16th 2002, 8:22 am
Just Joined

poetry65 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Passport with Visa Sticker

I went through the same worry as you. My 'Decision made' date was 27 September 02 and I received my visa (albeit in my maiden name and not in my married name and yet still stuck to my passport which has my married name on it) on 9 October. They do say they get it to you within 10 WORKING DAYS....so don't count weekends or any of their Bank Holidays (ie, Thanksgiving day Canada on Monday 14 October).

So you posted your info and passport on 30 Sept. Now start counting your 10 days from Tuesday 1 October and don't count the 14th October (see above). I think that your visa will get back to you very soon taking into account I don't know your posting system very well.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Originally posted by doubter:
I was asked to send the passports to the Detroit Consulate for attaching the visa stickers and within 5 days I did accordingly. In addition to the passports, they wanted 4 copies of photographs with specific dimensions, the ROLF and a newly introduced personal data sheet showing applicants’ details like height, colour of the eye, etc. These details are for them to issue the PR card after arriving in Canada.
The passports and the documents have arrived there by noon on Sept-30, Monday. I could know this by tracking the movement of the packet from the shipment carrier’s website. I had enclosed a pre-paid US Express Mail envelope also to mail back the passports to my contact address in USA.
Now I have entered the 3rd week and I have not heard anything from them till now. Usually how long does it take to get back the passport, any previous experiences? The online status on the Consulate’s website only says, “Decision made and this was informed to the applicant by letter on (date). Medical results received�. The information does not say whether the visa is issued and passports mailed back. The letter I received from the Consulate says that I can expect to receive back the passports within 10 days if I enclosed a return postage paid US Express Mail envelope, else I can expect it back within 15 days. To expedite the matter, I had enclosed a postage paid US Express Mail for returning the documents & passports and I have not heard anything from them. Today is the 17th day. Any idea when will I get back the passports with visa?

Thanx in advance,
Jimmy.
Old Oct 16th 2002, 4:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

bighead is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Passport with Visa Sticker

since you just sent them the ROLF, the check needs to clear, andit needs to get credited to your file as the ROLF having been paid... that can take up to 6 weeks to happen...

Originally posted by doubter:

Thanx in advance,
Jimmy.