Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Passport Request Photo's

Passport Request Photo's

Old Feb 27th 2010, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

vimtocarr will become famous soon enough
Default Passport Request Photo's

Hey guys, just looking for a small piece of advice and hope one you lovelys can help.

We have had our new photo's done for sending off with our passports for our visa's. On the sheet we had sent it asks to put name and file number on the back of the photo's BUT on the CIC website it says to sign the front of the picture in the space at the bottom and 1 photo must have the photographers name and address on the back. Totally confused now. Has anyone else recently sent off their passports and if so which rule did you follow. Just want to make sure I do it correct on the last stage.

Still can't actually believe we are at this stage already. CLOUD 9!!!!!!

Thanks everyone.

Vimtocarr. X X
Old Feb 27th 2010, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

Psyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to all
Default Re: Passport Request Photo's

That's interesting, we need to send ours in 3 weeks time. I was just going to follow the instruction sent with medicals request (passports 30 days from medicals). The letter seems pretty explicit in the instruction and unless i'm missing something does not mention referring to CIC website for latest guidance. That being the case i'm inclined to follow the letter - to the letter.

Where are you heading?
Old Feb 27th 2010, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

vimtocarr will become famous soon enough

Hey Psyched,

Well I was inclined to follow the letter but the photographers we used to take the photo's wanted me to leave the letter we had so he could ensure on the correct sizing. I didn't do this obviously as this is like the most precious letter to all us guys. So I emailed him a link to the photo sizing on CIC. I then collected the pics and he had filled out the back of them all with his details. So it made me look at the page I had mailed which said for them to fill there details out on the back!!! Confusing or what! He He.

Yer I think I will just follow the letter we were sent. Thanks for your help, just need someone else to tell me what to do..... always doubting myself!.

We are heading to Okotoks in Calgary. Hope to get over there Sept/Oct time. How about you? X Vimtocarr X

Originally Posted by Psyched
That's interesting, we need to send ours in 3 weeks time. I was just going to follow the instruction sent with medicals request (passports 30 days from medicals). The letter seems pretty explicit in the instruction and unless i'm missing something does not mention referring to CIC website for latest guidance. That being the case i'm inclined to follow the letter - to the letter.

Where are you heading?
Old Feb 27th 2010, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

Psyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to all

Originally Posted by vimtocarr
Hey Psyched,

Well I was inclined to follow the letter but the photographers we used to take the photo's wanted me to leave the letter we had so he could ensure on the correct sizing. I didn't do this obviously as this is like the most precious letter to all us guys. So I emailed him a link to the photo sizing on CIC. I then collected the pics and he had filled out the back of them all with his details. So it made me look at the page I had mailed which said for them to fill there details out on the back!!! Confusing or what! He He.

Yer I think I will just follow the letter we were sent. Thanks for your help, just need someone else to tell me what to do..... always doubting myself!.

We are heading to Okotoks in Calgary. Hope to get over there Sept/Oct time. How about you? X Vimtocarr X
Hi Vimtocarr,

I see the issue, don't you just hate it when life gets unnecessarily complicated like that, had my fair share o'them, sometimes makes you feel like screamin Arrrggghhhhhh!

We are off to Kamloops, BC. Hope to be on our way before the end of May, not had chance to visit so . Can relate to feelings of doubt, but in the words of Voltaire;

"Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd".

Best of luck with the rest of your 'journey'

Psyched
Old Feb 28th 2010, 4:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

bear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nice

oh shite i didn't put any names on the piccies, heres hoping that they can figure it out as theres mummy, daddy, daughter n son!!!!do you think that this will be ok as the kids photos are exactly the same as their passports as these have just been renewed