Reload this Page >

Passport question?

Passport question?

Old Jan 14th 2009, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

siw1978 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Passport question?

Hi Again!!
I have so many things going round my head as the move so close, Feb!! My daughter has to the beginning of Oct validity left on her passport. We already have our PR cards we were going to renew her passport once we got to Canada as we were origionally supposed to be out there from Nov08 so she would have had a year left. Would it be better for us to try and renew it now or is she fine to travel on this passport. When we do renew do we have to change anything on the PR cards or is it just a case of changing the passport.
Thanks Kirsty
Old Jan 14th 2009, 9:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passport question?

Originally Posted by siw1978
Hi Again!!
I have so many things going round my head as the move so close, Feb!! My daughter has to the beginning of Oct validity left on her passport. We already have our PR cards we were going to renew her passport once we got to Canada as we were origionally supposed to be out there from Nov08 so she would have had a year left. Would it be better for us to try and renew it now or is she fine to travel on this passport. When we do renew do we have to change anything on the PR cards or is it just a case of changing the passport.
Thanks Kirsty
Sorry don't know the answer to you question but I'm sure someone else will be along soon to help

Anyway just be aware that it is a lot more expensive to renew your passport in North America roughly around $275 for an adults plus all applications have to go to Washington DC.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 10:43 am
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Elaine B.
Sorry don't know the answer to you question but I'm sure someone else will be along soon to help

Anyway just be aware that it is a lot more expensive to renew your passport in North America roughly around $275 for an adults plus all applications have to go to Washington DC.
We looked at the figures, and with the recent increase in passport fees in the UK we didn't notice a huge difference in prices. In fact, I'm sure I read on one passport site that they have standardised the pricing so that you pay the same regardless of where in the world you are.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 10:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cov-canuck
We looked at the figures, and with the recent increase in passport fees in the UK we didn't notice a huge difference in prices. In fact, I'm sure I read on one passport site that they have standardised the pricing so that you pay the same regardless of where in the world you are.
That's good news makes sense that everyone pays the same just wish that was the case when I got my kids their British passports this time last year.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

should she be ok travelling on this passport then? do we need to do anything with her PR card if we do change now? thanks kirsty
Old Jan 14th 2009, 8:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

I thought someone would have answered your question by now. Hopefully someone with a lot more knowledge than I can help.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Elaine, i hope someone can answer it also as don't want to leave anything to chance. kirsty
Old Jan 15th 2009, 11:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold

I believe that as long as you have your PR cards you no longer need the Visa in your passport, that's why they strike it out.

We landed 2 years ago, OH has had his PR card for a while, and we are about to renew his passport. I can say that when we travel in and out of Canada, no one looks at the visa anymore, they specifically want the PR card.

You do not need to change anything on your PR card when you renew a passport.

You might have better luck asking this in the immigration forum though.

As long as she has more than 6 months remaining on her passport you should not have any difficulties travelling on it, or renewing it before you leave.

Last edited by cov-canuck; Jan 15th 2009 at 11:55 pm. Reason: .
Old Jan 16th 2009, 2:50 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

It is easier, simpler and quicker to renew a British passport in the United Kingdom.
Old Feb 4th 2009, 10:04 pm
A Brit where every U live

Bad1 has a brilliant futureBad1 has a brilliant futureBad1 has a brilliant futureBad1 has a brilliant futureBad1 has a brilliant futureBad1 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Elaine B.

$205.00 USD just found out this morning is what it costs to renew and have it shipped ups or fedX. broken down 190+15 for shipping..........:curse:
Old Feb 4th 2009, 10:08 pm

Bad1 has a brilliant futureBad1 has a brilliant futureBad1 has a brilliant futureBad1 has a brilliant futureBad1 has a brilliant futureBad1 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by JAJ
It is easier, simpler and quicker to renew a British passport in the United Kingdom.

And probably cheaper too..........
Old Feb 8th 2009, 12:52 am

On this C1 renewal form, they ask for a e mail addy,do they drop you a line when they are sending the new one back??

Thanks.
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 11:14 pm
Forum Regular

Al &Cand is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Bad1
$205.00 USD just found out this morning is what it costs to renew and have it shipped ups or fedX. broken down 190+15 for shipping..........:curse:
I am sooooooo confused too. On the website it says that the passport fee is the same world over, at 72 pound sterling, however, £72 is not $190 US, which is what they are asking for...it's around $108! So do I pay $108 or $190 USD?
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 2:01 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Al &Cand
I am sooooooo confused too. On the website it says that the passport fee is the same world over, at 72 pound sterling, however, £72 is not $190 US, which is what they are asking for...it's around $108! So do I pay $108 or $190 USD?
The fee is not the same the world over. It is more expensive at British missions overseas compared to the Passport Office in the United Kingdom.
Old Feb 24th 2009, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by Al &Cand
Yes $190:00 USD and $15:00 USD for delivery either by Fed ex or UPS.

= $205:00 USD

That is what I payed living in Canada.

Last edited by Bad1; Feb 24th 2009 at 2:01 pm. Reason: Add on

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.