Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Passport dates

Passport dates

Old Feb 27th 2009, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

lcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of light
Default Passport dates

Hi.
We've just received our 90 day letter (Feb 2007 application) and are in the process of putting together documents.
It occurred to me to check our passport dates, and the two (of 6 of us) which are due to expire soonest are mine (July 2011) and my daughter's (May 2010).
The others are all OK until Jan 2012 or later.
Would it be a good idea to renew my passport and my daughter's?
What are the issues with passport dates?
Thanks for your help.
Best regards,
Leanne
Old Feb 27th 2009, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

Pebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nice
Default Re: Passport dates

Hi Icar,

We are Feb 07 applicants too (no letter yet though - well done you!).

As some of our passports expire early next year, I have checked out the renewals situation. You can apply to renew your passport at anytime (with the fee of course), but they will only be able to add a maximum of an additional 10 months of unexpired validity from your old to your new, so whether you have 10 months to run or 2 years you still only get 10 months added to your new one. I think for the (relatively small in the scale of immigration costs)added cost of renewing early it is worth it to save hassle further down the line. That is my plan as soon as our reccie is complete.

Hopefully a nice shiny new visa can go in your passport when it still has lots of years to run!

Hope that makes sense.
Old Feb 27th 2009, 5:30 pm
mclauchlan35

mclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by lcar
Hi.
We've just received our 90 day letter (Feb 2007 application) and are in the process of putting together documents.
It occurred to me to check our passport dates, and the two (of 6 of us) which are due to expire soonest are mine (July 2011) and my daughter's (May 2010).
The others are all OK until Jan 2012 or later.
Would it be a good idea to renew my passport and my daughter's?
What are the issues with passport dates?
Thanks for your help.
Best regards,
Leanne

We Just renewed 2 of ours, it took ten days just normal post and service. I would wait untill after meds at least, and then consider it even if you wait untill passport request you still get 60 days.

Good luck with updating.
Old Feb 27th 2009, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

lcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks guys - that's really useful.
I'll give it a couple more months then, and renew them.
Hope you get your letter soon pebblebeach...
Best regards,
Leanne