Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

passed class 1 in red deer alberta looking for long haul

passed class 1 in red deer alberta looking for long haul

Old Jan 14th 2014, 6:21 pm
Just Joined

stoney46 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default passed class 1 in red deer alberta looking for long haul

Hi there I recently passed my class 1 in red deer and I am now looking to get a long haul trucking job. Does anyone know decent companies with an lmo in Edmonton area that are now hiring and who to steer clear of
Old Jan 14th 2014, 7:09 pm
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: passed class 1 in red deer alberta looking for long haul

You would probably get a better response if this was posted in the trucking forum. Doubtless a mod will be happy to move it for you. Good luck anyway.
Old Jan 14th 2014, 10:07 pm
Just Joined

thanks for the heads up!
Old Jan 15th 2014, 2:36 pm
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stoney46
Hi there I recently passed my class 1 in red deer and I am now looking to get a long haul trucking job. Does anyone know decent companies with an lmo in Edmonton area that are now hiring and who to steer clear of
Well done mate.

Did you find it hard? I'm thinking of doing it just to add another little string to my bow. Ive got a 4 unrestricted at the mo.
Old Jan 15th 2014, 3:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute

Well done.I found this site on kijiji http://www.ilabour-market.com/ its says it has all LMO jobs available on one site,there are some trucking companies there.I drive out of Winnipeg so cant really telll you who is good,bad or ugly ,hopefully someone from Edmonton area can help.
Old Jan 16th 2014, 1:18 am
Just Joined

Thanks Neil that site is great londonuck I found the test ok once I got my head around the gear changingjust had to put in the study after a days work which was a killer but it paid off
Old Jan 16th 2014, 6:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Neil that site is great londonuck I found the test ok once I got my head around the gear changingjust had to put in the study after a days work which was a killer but it paid off
No problem.Also sometimes on kijij companies advertise trucking jobs with LMOs ,if you dont get any replies from Edmonton driver private message me and I will try and help you out ok.
Old Jan 20th 2014, 3:58 pm
Just Joined

That's great Neil thanks. I've applied to many in the past week so
Old Jan 21st 2014, 2:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

That's great Neil thanks. I've applied to many in the past week so
McDougal and Loadstar both hire foreign drivers. Edmonton 76t Ave and34th St.,
Westcan, Northern Industrial Carriers,, Manitoulin Transport
These are companies I got from Edmonton drivers who are doing LMOs.
Old Jan 21st 2014, 11:44 pm
Just Joined

Cheers mate I haven't heard anything yet from anyone so I will get in touch with thoshow long have you been over here and what's Manitoba like? We're in red deer at the moment but the wife wants to be near a bigger city
Old Jan 21st 2014, 11:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Cheers mate I haven't heard anything yet from anyone so I will get in touch with thoshow long have you been over here and what's Manitoba like? We're in red deer at the moment but the wife wants to be near a bigger city
If you have just been sending emails it might be better to telephone them.I came to Canada in 2007 ,I got my PR in 2010 and I live in Mexico for 6 months then come back and work in the summer.I had a house in Winnipeg ,its ok place,its where I go back .The downtown area is not too great and winters are just brutal but on the plus side housing is cheaper and there are jobs here.If I were you I would stay in AB.I thought Red Deer is near a big city,Calgary and Edmonton!?
Old Jan 22nd 2014, 2:07 am
Just Joined

Yeah edmonton is about an hour away from red deer so we're hoping to move there once I find a job. Mexico for 6 months sounds good. I've heard downtown in most places is a bit shady but the wife will do the homework to find somewhere decent. Thanks for all your help
Old Jan 22nd 2014, 2:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Yeah edmonton is about an hour away from red deer so we're hoping to move there once I find a job. Mexico for 6 months sounds good. I've heard downtown in most places is a bit shady but the wife will do the homework to find somewhere decent. Thanks for all your help
Good luck with the job hunting and the move.