Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Parking "violation" in Seattle

Parking "violation" in Seattle

Old Sep 22nd 2015, 6:01 am
Forum Regular

davedba has a reputation beyond reputedavedba has a reputation beyond reputedavedba has a reputation beyond reputedavedba has a reputation beyond reputedavedba has a reputation beyond reputedavedba has a reputation beyond reputedavedba has a reputation beyond reputedavedba has a reputation beyond reputedavedba has a reputation beyond reputedavedba has a reputation beyond reputedavedba has a reputation beyond repute
Default Parking "violation" in Seattle

Hello everyone,

Although I paid my parking fees in advance, I received a parking ticket an hour later by "Standard Parking Seattle". My car is on BC plates and I'm back in Vancouver. When I tried to appeal online https://www.parkingticketpayment.com/spnw/ I received an error message "Application failed with error -1009." Same thing happens when I click "Pay", not that I want to pay these idiots a single cent.

My question is: what do I do and what happens if I ignore the ticket?

FYI,I had to insert the payment into a slot so obviously no receipt but I have 3 witnesses. Please help. Thank you

Edit/ please move to http://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/ thanks.
Old Sep 22nd 2015, 6:41 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parking "violation" in Seattle

From the looks of it, they are a private parking company?

The biggest issue is if you ever park in one of their lots again you may find your car towed, otherwise chances are you will never hear from them since your from another country, but they could send it to collections and bug you, in the US they generally put a notice on your credit report, but not sure if they can do that to someone from Canada or even if they can find out your info from ICBC.

I know the company I worked for in BC if you had proof you paid and the ticket was issued within the receipt the customer had, the ticket would be cancelled if the customer called in, and emailed/faxed the receipt they had.

If a customer did not pay, it was sent to collections and nothing else was done, but if we came across a car with an outstanding ticket in our lot, they would be towed from the lot at owners expense.

If we had a ticket not paid and the plate was from out of Canada we did nothing as the company could not obtain the address for US plates.
Old Sep 22nd 2015, 8:23 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by davedba
Edit/ please move to Canada - British Expats thanks.
Will do, but for future ref, please use the report button to bring it to our attention, as we don't look at all threads so may not see a request like this.

Thx, and hope you get it sorted.
Old Sep 24th 2015, 6:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

tee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond repute

Ooo I've had one of them parking tickets from the same company. For some reason I could not pay also. I emailed and asked them to look it up as I was having trouble paying. They cancelled it.
I personally don't like to leave them I case they go to collections
Old Sep 25th 2015, 3:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

haggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond repute

email or call, they'll probably cancel it

i've only ever paid one parking fine...in PEI for running out of time on the meter, someone had left 20 mins on it and i thought that was enough to go to Subway for lunch. Turns out it wasn't cos we sat in for about 45mins

Ticket was a grand total of $5
Old Sep 25th 2015, 4:03 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tee1
I personally don't like to leave them I case they go to collections
No big deal if they do. In BC for example, it would have to go to a BC registered agency, US ones are not allowed to call BC residents.

One then writes to them and say it is in dispute, take me to court. End of story. Just don't park in one of their lots again.

I have had a few spats with different organisations, the above approach worked fine for me.
Old Sep 30th 2015, 5:01 am
Forum Regular

davedba has a reputation beyond reputedavedba has a reputation beyond reputedavedba has a reputation beyond reputedavedba has a reputation beyond reputedavedba has a reputation beyond reputedavedba has a reputation beyond reputedavedba has a reputation beyond reputedavedba has a reputation beyond reputedavedba has a reputation beyond reputedavedba has a reputation beyond reputedavedba has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone, I managed to reach them and it has been cancelled.