Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Park Tremblant

Park Tremblant

Old Oct 8th 2006, 7:12 pm
I'm a girl, dagnabbit! :)

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of
Default Park Tremblant

Oooops, seems I posted this in one of the sub-forums, and not here where I hopefully will get some more views and answers!

Has anyone out there been to Park Tremblant the last week or so? I'm thinking about going there tomorrow to do some photography, but am not sure if the colors have peaked and are mostly gone already?
Old Oct 9th 2006, 12:32 am
BE Enthusiast

tallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Park Tremblant

Originally Posted by Wannabe
Oooops, seems I posted this in one of the sub-forums, and not here where I hopefully will get some more views and answers!

Has anyone out there been to Park Tremblant the last week or so? I'm thinking about going there tomorrow to do some photography, but am not sure if the colors have peaked and are mostly gone already?
Hi Wannabe
I haven't been but looking at the trees around here I would have thought it was perfect timing, this weekend or next.

With such a good forecast tomorrow it's worth going anyway to enjoy the high temps. and sunshine

We have the 'Fall Colors' at Mont Rigaud next weekend and with Tremblant that bit further north I would have thought this weekend was perfect timing to go.
http://www.lagar.qc.ca/festivaldescouleurs2006.htm

Also look here:
http://www.weather.ca/features/fallcolour/pages/qc.htm

Have a good day!
Old Oct 9th 2006, 11:38 am

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

As of Friday they were reported to be at near-peak (60%).

Save yourself the trip and hit Gatineau Park, which is at 90%. I was up there a couple of days ago. Sadly without a camera.
Old Oct 10th 2006, 12:42 am
I'm a girl, dagnabbit! :)

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of

Thanks tallperson and Souvenir!

The weather.ca site said it wouldn't be peak in Park Tremblant yet, but that was just cr*p - I'm thinking the colors must've peaked at least a week ago. No reds to be seen, and lots of naked trees.

It was a great day, though - fantastic weather and lots of fun to be had.

I was in Gatineau Park one week ago, and although it was nice, it was lacking some reds in all the yellow. Not that I'm picky or anything!
Old Oct 10th 2006, 1:59 am
BE Enthusiast

tallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to behold

Thanks tallperson and Souvenir!

The weather.ca site said it wouldn't be peak in Park Tremblant yet, but that was just cr*p - I'm thinking the colors must've peaked at least a week ago. No reds to be seen, and lots of naked trees.

It was a great day, though - fantastic weather and lots of fun to be had.

I was in Gatineau Park one week ago, and although it was nice, it was lacking some reds in all the yellow. Not that I'm picky or anything!
Oh, glad you had a great day! but I was going by the weather network site so I may be disappointed next weekend at Tremblant or St. Sauveur. May just have to stick to the local Mont Rigaud! I can see with my own eyes at least that that should be fine
Old Oct 10th 2006, 11:15 am

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tallperson
Oh, glad you had a great day! but I was going by the weather network site so I may be disappointed next weekend at Tremblant or St. Sauveur. May just have to stick to the local Mont Rigaud! I can see with my own eyes at least that that should be fine
The Weather Network's fall colour report for Quebec is not updated very often. If you scroll down to the bottom and click through the Tourisme Quebec link, you'll get a far more current report.
Old Oct 10th 2006, 4:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Souvenir
The Weather Network's fall colour report for Quebec is not updated very often. If you scroll down to the bottom and click through the Tourisme Quebec link, you'll get a far more current report.
Thanks for that Souvenir