Reload this Page >

Parents visiting from the UK

Parents visiting from the UK

Old Jul 21st 2012, 7:11 pm
Just Joined

Hughespool is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Parents visiting from the UK

Hi,

I moved form Liverpool to Canada in 2010 and have lived in Canmore, Alberta for two years. My parents are planning a visit for a month in September. I am trying to arrange travel insurance for them, but the quotes are coming in at about 700 UK pounds. Does anyone know any good travel insurance companies. They are 74 and 77, with some minore pre-existing health conditions (high blood pressure & asthma).........

Many Thanks
Old Jul 21st 2012, 7:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

nativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Parents visiting from the UK

My mum has had quotes from every company going, and recently used Staysure which was the best quote. She has a number of pre-existing conditions. None of them are cheap though
Old Jul 21st 2012, 7:30 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds about right to me.

My mum had her best quote from post office on her recent trip
Old Jul 21st 2012, 7:33 pm
Just Joined

Hughespool is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks all. I will give them a call.
Old Jul 21st 2012, 7:56 pm
Happy Bunnies

Flossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond repute

My folks used All clear travel - they have a few conditions between them and it worked out around the 200 quid mark. They went with an annual policy in the end as it was cheaper than one for three weeks!!!
Old Jul 21st 2012, 8:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to behold

My parents got travel insurance through their home insurance providers. A few have travel insurance schemes and they only paid £80 for the whole year.
Old Jul 22nd 2012, 4:20 am
Just Joined

littlebear is an unknown quantity at this point

when my father in law and his wife visited from the UK we called Blue Cross who we have medical benefits with, and they insured them both even with one of them being in remission from cancer.They found it very hard getting any covereage at all in the UK.It was no probs at all and it was around $150 for them both for 2 weeks,this was 3 years ago but woth a call im sure.
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 12:27 am
Forum Regular

yzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really nice

Is it worth them looking at the packages offered by one of the premium bank accounts such as the Natwest Advantage Gold?

Not sure on age limits or additional premiums though.
Old Jul 24th 2012, 12:32 am
JGK
BE Enthusiast

JGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yzf.shaun
Is it worth them looking at the packages offered by one of the premium bank accounts such as the Natwest Advantage Gold?

Not sure on age limits or additional premiums though.
My mother used this when she came to visit me. Ended up a lot cheaper (by several 100s) than any other quote she got.
Old Jul 24th 2012, 1:40 am
Forum Regular

chillingincanada is an unknown quantity at this point

My Mum always used Age Concern but when she hit 75 instead of being 300 quid for the year it went up to 500 quid for 2 weeks
Old Jul 24th 2012, 3:33 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

My mum told me yesterday she got a Marks & Spencer credit card where she pays 20 quid a month (i think) and gets annual worldwide travel insurance. It works out cheaper than the other companies will insure her ageing body.

She said she also gets free sandwiches and treats each month with it worth a 10 quid, so in essence she's paying around 120 quid a year for travel ins.

She's happy.
Old Jul 24th 2012, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

chillingincanada is an unknown quantity at this point

It depends the persons medical history to whether or not there are add ons to the cheaper insurance plans.