Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Paradise Canyon Vacations...

Paradise Canyon Vacations...

Old Oct 4th 2010, 4:10 pm
Just Joined

kimcf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Paradise Canyon Vacations...

My friends just recently purchased a membership with Paradise Canyon Vacations, so I thought I would check them out.

This Travel Club sounds the same as every other club out there..... enormous upfront fee and monthly charges for services that are offered on the internet for free. I cannot believe that there are still Travel Clubs out there with the introduction of the internet.

My friends have booked a vacation to Hawaii for the end of this month. It will be interesting to see how it works out for them. If anyone has any further information on this club that they could pass on, please do.
Old Oct 4th 2010, 11:39 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by airbornesapper
No DIRECT BUY around here...but I always thought that was a load of bollocks.
Actually, there is one in Moncton. Never been in it, never will.
Old Oct 5th 2010, 6:05 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by burton bunch
Having visited Lethbridge since the 80's and lived here for 3 years - I cant see why people would get embroiled in something like this when we have enough hotels and holiday lets already available
Mmm, I always have a laugh at the "Welcome Snowbirds" sign in Milk River. Assuming it's visible under the snow.

Honestly you can pretty much get a condo in Arizona free with a packet of crisps and a tank of gas at the moment, what's the point.
Old Mar 9th 2011, 4:54 am
Just Joined

Sunshine582 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Yes this is one of the first hits that comes up when you google Paradise Canyon Vacations.

I was invited to one of these presentations and while I could never afford to buy in (University student) I was going to go for the 2 free nights in a hotel.

Did anyone else go to a presentation and actually get this offering? Is it worth my precious homework time?
Old Aug 16th 2011, 12:54 am
Just Joined

jeanherself is an unknown quantity at this point

I have to post. I am from Lethbridge. The real estate at Paradise Canyon is sliding into the coulees as the builders did not go down to bedrock on the hills. Currently you can see 2 of the $350,000 to $500,000 house for schedule A sale at $159,000 and 175,000. Schedule A means you are buying as is with no recourse if the condo/house continues to slip. THESE HOUSES HAVE CRACKED FOUNDATIONS AS MANY OTHERS HAD AND THERE IS NO QUICK FIX as I called a structural engineer and he said they won't touch Paradise due to the numerous lawsuits. You have to get pilings to go down to bedrock and each can cost $30,000 to $50,ooo apiece. You may need 1 or 4 to stabilize each structure. Go to mls.ca and get to the Lethbridge listings to view the beautiful homes on firesale at Paradise Canyon! I looked inmto it because of the prices. The real estate guys won't even buy to resale.
PS- The river is the Old Man river not the Milk River.