Panic Attack

Old May 11th 2005, 11:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

babyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Panic Attack

Hi Patsy

grab another ciggy!

you will be fine! Honestly, we have all been there and it certainly is a rollercoast ride. There will be times when you are here that you feel this way. Not trying to put you off only being honest about the resettlement process.

It is a big change in anyones life and to say that it will all be perfect is wrong of me. I am a realistic and that is the best way to be.

We are a good bunch and we will all be here for you. These guys have been a great support for me as i have been there too. I am sure i will be again in the future as well.

Good luck and may all your dreams come true
Old May 11th 2005, 11:50 pm
Glasgow Rangers

Voyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvenir
Pillock! Emigrating is the best chance you'll ever have to get rid of the sodding family!

Or perhaps that's just my family.
No thats defo my family, cannot wait it get away from them !!!!!!!!!

We are all in the same boat, are we doing the right thing for us and our kids

YES I bloomin think so and I will look forward to the day when I finally see the last of the tarmac as the plane lifts of in the UK

CHIN UP I have been through this already, infact just the other day my wife and I were up to about 2 in the morning discussing this very topic.
In the end we will make a go of it and we will make it work for us and our kids

SO again get yer chin up !!!!!!!!

Eddie
Old May 12th 2005, 12:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Snave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Patsy
Suddenly I'm not sure whether i want to do it!! Do i really want to emigrate? Pack in a steady job, give up the security and leap into the unknown?
Ive spent a fortune with past certificates, photos, police clearances, lawyers etc already but the anticipation of putting my life on hold for about 2 years? Up until now i couldnt wait!
Has anyone else felt like this or is it that im not as eager as you lot, so therefore shoud nip it in the bud now?
Go for it, Patsy. We've been here only two weeks, and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. My Canadian wife said, as we left our beautiful house in the Brecon Beacons for the last time, "Look forward, don't look back." My Mum was happy for us to leave the UK, all my British workmates are green with envy, my son can't wait for his and his girlfreind's first visit. My new workmates are very welcoming, and all are offering any assistance we need - in and out of the office.
Yes, I know it's very early days for Lou and myself. But I think it's the bst thing I've done in years!
Old May 12th 2005, 12:15 am
Just Joined

zebedee is on a distinguished road

Suddenly I'm not sure whether i want to do it!! Do i really want to emigrate? Pack in a steady job, give up the security and leap into the unknown?
Ive spent a fortune with past certificates, photos, police clearances, lawyers etc already but the anticipation of putting my life on hold for about 2 years? Up until now i couldnt wait!
Has anyone else felt like this or is it that im not as eager as you lot, so therefore shoud nip it in the bud now?
Its normal , ive been in the application merry-go-round for 3 and a bit years ... had my life on hold for most of that , went to canada for a bit before xmas and came back thinking "yay ,ill be coming back for good soon" and now ive got a few months of frenzied trying to get things organised before i go and every day is a mix of excitement and panic.

Just a really big move to make but sometimes the only way to progress is to move far out of your comfort zone ... plus the UK will always be there
Old May 12th 2005, 1:20 am
Yorkshire meets Vegas

Pretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond repute

When I left the UK in January, I don't think I'd ever been as scared of anything as I had that day.

For the first few weeks here, things were weird. Having said that, I've never once in the last four months regretted moving out here.

It's very natural to be scared of the unknown. I was so stressed out for the first week I was at work here, I nearly walked out of the job. Needless to say, I'm really glad that I didn't.

Autumn before I left had lots of ups and downs. I think I questioned my choices on an almost daily basis. Now I can't imagine ever going back to the UK to live
Old May 12th 2005, 4:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Patsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to all

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww what can i say? THANKS GUYS xxx
Old May 12th 2005, 5:23 am
BE Enthusiast

babyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of light

Patsy!

After reading this again i want you to know that you should fight for what you believe in! I did the opposite. I took the first job i was offered and now i have to put up with it until my 2 years are up in august. At least in the UK you will have support of friends and family to pass the time. Here it can be lonely at times when you are trying to get by(do your time).
i am not trying to be flippant just trying to place some possitive vibes your way. 2 years is nothing really believe me. There are many people here that rushed and regret rushing!

I just trying to help you see that things can turn out and before you know it you will be here and helping others going through the process!

good luck and follow your dreams