Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

PALLET SHIPPING

PALLET SHIPPING

Old Jun 15th 2012, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

canadiancoming home is just really nicecanadiancoming home is just really nicecanadiancoming home is just really nicecanadiancoming home is just really nicecanadiancoming home is just really nicecanadiancoming home is just really nicecanadiancoming home is just really nicecanadiancoming home is just really nice
Default PALLET SHIPPING

Hi have just been reading some threads about shipping to Canada, was just wondering if anyone had send a pallet or two over? we are in the Uk and moving to Manitoba, seems to be a lot cheaper as we are only taking clothes/toys and a few ornaments, what was your experience? after care? any company to recomend? thanks xx
Old Jun 15th 2012, 12:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PALLET SHIPPING

Originally Posted by canadiancoming home
Hi have just been reading some threads about shipping to Canada, was just wondering if anyone had send a pallet or two over? we are in the Uk and moving to Manitoba, seems to be a lot cheaper as we are only taking clothes/toys and a few ornaments, what was your experience? after care? any company to recomend? thanks xx
Id be very careful we are talking wooden pallets arent we? CFIA might not like the wooden pallets and order them destroyed.
Use this link to see if allowed
http://airs-sari.inspection.gc.ca/Ai...ns.aspx?lang=1
Old Jun 15th 2012, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

canadiancoming home is just really nicecanadiancoming home is just really nicecanadiancoming home is just really nicecanadiancoming home is just really nicecanadiancoming home is just really nicecanadiancoming home is just really nicecanadiancoming home is just really nicecanadiancoming home is just really nice

was looking at 10-12 (mold/mildew)treated moving boxes pallet wrapped, that's about all i have figured out, i have found dozens of companies with around the same price.......

thanks for the link never thought about that but found so very helpful,

Last edited by canadiancoming home; Jun 15th 2012 at 12:47 pm.
Old Jun 15th 2012, 12:35 pm
Just Joined

lb77 is an unknown quantity at this point

What company's have you got prices from and how much are you talking?? If I may ask.
Old Jun 15th 2012, 12:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Phytosanitary certificate required attesting treatment as per ISPM #15
Old Jun 15th 2012, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lb77
What company's have you got prices from and how much are you talking?? If I may ask.
pallet to ship, intercargo, anglo pacific, baggage freight, p4d.co.uk. & many more they are all quoting just under 300 pound then there are some other extras with some quotes for collection or extra insurance ect some do door to door delivery or you can do a pick up in winnipeg with some then around 142 pound to delivery to you ect
that's for 10-12 standard box's on one pallet
Old Jun 15th 2012, 1:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

We did boxes and cost us just over £1000 for 42 boxes
Old Jun 16th 2012, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

dbennett9 is an unknown quantity at this point

I shipped a pallet over but it was almost 7 years ago and I did it through my company, not using regular emmigration movers. They delivered it to the freight depot in Calgary and then my wife and I packed its contents into our little car!

Something that made it easier was using a plastic pallet - haulage companies know of them - back then it meant I didnt need certificates for the wood pallet etc.
Old Jun 16th 2012, 7:20 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Phytosanitary certificate required attesting treatment as per ISPM #15
I believe, not certain though that the wood as to be stamped ISPM. We had a container refused entry last week from France as the wood wasn't stamped, the company in France had the certificates but customs wanted the wood stamped. It was being used to baton a car, so the whole lot went back, French company out of pocket by lots of euro's and highly embarrassed. client very unhappy
Old Jun 17th 2012, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dbennett9
I shipped a pallet over but it was almost 7 years ago and I did it through my company, not using regular emmigration movers. They delivered it to the freight depot in Calgary and then my wife and I packed its contents into our little car!

Something that made it easier was using a plastic pallet - haulage companies know of them - back then it meant I didnt need certificates for the wood pallet etc.
I'll have to ask about that
Old Jun 17th 2012, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Miss Clinique
I believe, not certain though that the wood as to be stamped ISPM. We had a container refused entry last week from France as the wood wasn't stamped, the company in France had the certificates but customs wanted the wood stamped. It was being used to baton a car, so the whole lot went back, French company out of pocket by lots of euro's and highly embarrassed. client very unhappy
yeah they need the stamp, the link above takes you to the website i wouldnt have know about that so glad i do now
Old Jun 18th 2012, 12:06 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Clinique
That's right. No stamp, big problems generally.

For general info, the stamp looks like this:

For the casual shipper of freight/possessions to Canada, any freight forwarder worth their salt will ensure that pallets are treated. In fact Europe implemented ISPM15 before North America so the chances of finding an untreated pallet are pretty slim.

My first job in Canada had responsibility for logistics (amongst other things) for a large seafood company. It was about the time (2005) when Europe clamped down on ISPM packaging. Europe was a big market for frozen shrimp and they had about 500 pallets of it in a cold store in Halifax. All on the wrong type of pallet! A swift exercise in pallet swapping was neccessary to ensure that all of the M&S prawn sandwiches, got their prawns without delay.