Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

The Padded Cell!

The Padded Cell!

Old May 12th 2005, 12:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

babyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of light
Talking The Padded Cell!

The Journey to finally get to Canada is a long and painful experience!
Many of us have been there,going through it or thinking about it.

I thought it might be a good idea to have a 'Get it off your chest' room.

The padded cell is the brainchild of my own experiences here. There are so many days when i did not know where to turn, who to scream at!

So here it is!

Your own space to scream, shout, bash off the walls and sing and dance on the way out the door. Nobody needs to know that you visited the room and we can feel much lighter when we leave.

I even included a Punch bag for frustration release!

I feel better already!

GO AHEAD OFFLOAD!......
Old May 12th 2005, 12:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

dozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Padded Cell!

Originally Posted by babyblue

The padded cell is the brainchild of my own experiences here. There are so many days when i did not know where to turn, who to scream at!

So here it is!

Your own space to scream, shout, bash off the walls and sing and dance on the way out the door. Nobody needs to know that you visited the room and we can feel much lighter when we leave.

I feel better already!

GO AHEAD OFFLOAD!......

This is nice in here, safe and clean. Can I move in I don't like the world out side, way to may thing to think about and do. I WANT MY OWN SAFE SMALL PADDEDD ROOM. Aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Aahhhhhh AHhhhhhh

Lock me here and throw away the key................ please...........

Dozzzzy
Old May 12th 2005, 1:03 pm
Glasgow Rangers

Voyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond repute

So here it is!

I feel better already!

GO AHEAD OFFLOAD!......
Padded cell

We used to have a padded cell in the jail
That padded cell used to have walls that you could close in on the occupant

Remember in Star Wars part one where Han Solo, Chewbaka and the Princess were stuck in the garbage disposal unit that had walls that closed in on them

Thats what that cell was like, we do not have it now, BUGGER !!!!!!!

Now that really f***ed up their heads

Anyway what really pisses me off is the long, long waiting times to process ones application
Surely if your skill is in high demand they, being the CHC would get you over there a damn sight quicker than 18 to 24 months.

I am sure there will be more to come !!!!!!!!!

Eddie
Old May 12th 2005, 1:14 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

The ambiguity of information. cic website says one thing and canada.org says another. For gods sake have one website that states what is required for each visa post. to notarise or not to notarise, which checklist etc etc etc. That was my biggest bugbear during the application.
Old May 12th 2005, 2:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

babyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of light

I am glad the room is in use.
I am a little fly sitting in the corner. Please don't squat me as i am a happy fly and only here to make sure all is well. If you need something else in the room please tell me. I will see what i can do!

anyone used the punch bag yet?
Old May 12th 2005, 2:20 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Any more of this and I'll need a straitjacket!

After we bought this house last summer we spent ages (and lots) refurbishing the basement; building new partition walls, painting everywhere, new skirting boards, new flooring.....

Just before Easter the water heater sprang a leak. Most of our work left in trash bags and we had workmen in for weeks. Fortunately we're insured up to the eyeballs. We've just got it back to normal and what happens? The new water heater develops a leak. The basement is about to get its third new floor in eight months. It remains to be seen whether or not chunks of wall have to be re-re-done.

I am getting narked.
Old May 12th 2005, 2:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Souvenir
Any more of this and I'll need a straitjacket!

After we bought this house last summer we spent ages (and lots) refurbishing the basement; building new partition walls, painting everywhere, new skirting boards, new flooring.....

Just before Easter the water heater sprang a leak. Most of our work left in trash bags and we had workmen in for weeks. Fortunately we're insured up to the eyeballs. We've just got it back to normal and what happens? The new water heater develops a leak. The basement is about to get its third new floor in eight months. It remains to be seen whether or not chunks of wall have to be re-re-done.

I am getting narked.
little possi fly on wall says!...

sorry my friend! i hope things get better.
Old May 12th 2005, 4:13 pm
Yorkshire meets Vegas

Pretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond repute

Things that have broken in my home since I moved in

Laundry sink blocked - my fault as I tried to wash clumping cat litter down it

Master Bedroom toilet broken - my fault as I didn't understand Canadian cistern plumbing

Second bedroom toilet blocked - my fault as I didn't know it was a bad idea to try to flush kitchen towels down it

Basement lights not working - not my fault, they just dont

Living room TV not receiving cable - not my fault, the cats sit on the wire during the day... at least I worked out how to mend it

Note to self... pull it off and see if it still works is not a good thing to do :scared:
Old May 12th 2005, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by Sarah Farrand

You should probably not be allowed out unattended. The Black & Decker Home Repair Manual (from Home Depot and elsewhere) is really good. I use it all the time.

Laundry sink blocked - my fault as I tried to wash clumping cat litter down it

If not already fixed, it's not a big job to take off the trap underneath and clean it out. PS, leaving rags in the laundry sink is another good way of getting an indoor pool.

Master Bedroom toilet broken - my fault as I didn't understand Canadian cistern plumbing

It's different, certainly, but piss easy to fix. I know that was a bad pun but it was accidental and I can't be bothered to go back and change it.

Second bedroom toilet blocked - my fault as I didn't know it was a bad idea to try to flush kitchen towels down it

Why do women do that?

Basement lights not working - not my fault, they just dont

Black & Decker territory.....

Living room TV not receiving cable - not my fault, the cats sit on the wire during the day... at least I worked out how to mend it

How on earth does a cat sitting on the cable stop it from working?

Note to self... pull it off and see if it still works is not a good thing to do
Oh, I dunno
Old May 12th 2005, 5:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sarah Farrand

Note to self... pull it off and see if it still works is not a good thing to do :scared:

Little possi fly on wall says:

don't worry! it will all be ok!
Handy hints around the home;

1: never flush kitchen paper down the loo.(need liquid plumber)

2: Get cat to fix the cable.

3: damsel in distress look and offer payment later.

4: basment lights not working saves hydro bill.
Old May 12th 2005, 5:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Voyager970
Padded cell

We used to have a padded cell in the jail
That padded cell used to have walls that you could close in on the occupant

Remember in Star Wars part one where Han Solo, Chewbaka and the Princess were stuck in the garbage disposal unit that had walls that closed in on them

Thats what that cell was like, we do not have it now, BUGGER !!!!!!!

Now that really f***ed up their heads

Anyway what really pisses me off is the long, long waiting times to process ones application
Surely if your skill is in high demand they, being the CHC would get you over there a damn sight quicker than 18 to 24 months.

I am sure there will be more to come !!!!!!!!!

Eddie
Little possi fly say:
ok my friend! let out that steam before you know it you will be here!
Old May 12th 2005, 5:12 pm

Little possi fly on wall says:

don't worry! it will all be ok!
Handy hints around the home;

1: never flush kitchen paper down the loo.(need liquid plumber)
A "snake" (auger) is even better. Don't get LP on your skin by the way.
2: Get cat to fix the cable.
Fix cat with cable.
3: damsel in distress look and offer payment later.
If you want to work on that basis, there are some Oakville tradesmen I know..
4: basment lights not working saves hydro bill.
I don't think OHIP covers neck braces.
This fun. If you're good I'll tell you my bog-fixing horror story
Old May 12th 2005, 5:13 pm

I'm not very good at using this "quote" stuff, am I?

How do I do it properly?
Old May 12th 2005, 5:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Souvenir
This fun. If you're good I'll tell you my bog-fixing horror story
Little possi fly says:

Oh go on then!
Old May 12th 2005, 5:55 pm

Little possi fly says:

Oh go on then!
Oh, if you insist.

Upstairs bog will not empty. Quiz family members as to possibility they may have dropped/stuffed something down it (where is dog, by the way?). Both deny involvement. Teenage boy strongly denies culpability, which indicates admission of guilt but I fail to click. Try shoving un-bent coathanger down bog with zero results (note: at this point I really, really should have bought an auger).

Turn off water and drain cistern into bath with plastic siphon tube. Drain bowl with turkey baster (wife didn't see that bit so never accept an invitation to come for Thanksgiving at our place).

Dismantle bog entirely and find plastic candy bag stuck in drain. Bag appears to have two chocolate swiss rolls in it. Later discover not chocolate when tread on bag by mistake.

Scrape wax seal off drain flange and bog base (nothing like having your nose over the waste pipe from a bog). Fit new wax seal and place bog back onto retaining bolts. Discover that slots in flange holding bolts are knackered and bolts won't hold. Can't replace flange because it's cemented to drain. Spend next two days and about five seals trying to get bog back together. Micro-surgery. Finally succeed and inform family that upstairs bog now only to be used if user vertical.

Sell house.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.