Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

PA to high net worths - Calgary

PA to high net worths - Calgary

Old Jun 2nd 2013, 4:10 am
Just Joined

gstarr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PA to high net worths - Calgary

I am hoping to move to Calgary in August as my boyfriend is a Canadian resident.
I have always worked as PA to high net worth individuals in London and I was wondering if anyone has any idea if jobs like this exist in Calgary and whether as a Brit I would be likely to find something that would offer the job so that I can then go ahead and get my visa.
It all feels a bit chicken and egg...do I go on a tourist visa and find a job and then apply for the visa or do I apply for a visa and then go?
Thanks for any advice.
Old Jun 2nd 2013, 5:00 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PA to high net worths - Calgary

Originally Posted by gstarr
I am hoping to move to Calgary in August as my boyfriend is a Canadian resident.
I have always worked as PA to high net worth individuals in London and I was wondering if anyone has any idea if jobs like this exist in Calgary and whether as a Brit I would be likely to find something that would offer the job so that I can then go ahead and get my visa.
It all feels a bit chicken and egg...do I go on a tourist visa and find a job and then apply for the visa or do I apply for a visa and then go?
Thanks for any advice.
Do you mean you want to work for a rich person?
Old Jun 2nd 2013, 5:14 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bats
Do you mean you want to work for a rich person?
Not necessarily... That's just what I have been doing for the past 15 years is it's where my experience lies. They tend to be a certain type of person that needs resilient and resourceful assistants to be their right hand person... If i can find a similar role that would be great!
Old Jun 2nd 2013, 6:49 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome.

You mention the visa, but say your boyf is Canadian, so is he not sponsoring you for your visa? If you need a TWP instead then I think that could be tricky tbh, not sure you'd get a LMO easily for a PA position.

If you can clarify what visa you intend to move on, that would be great.

Good luck.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jun 2nd 2013 at 6:53 am.
Old Jun 2nd 2013, 7:07 am
BEd Enthusiast

cjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for any advice.
Hanging with all these "high net worth individuals" have you not been able to snag one of them as a husband?.. That's got to be easiest way to sidestep all these pesky job/visa type thingamajigs surely.

You could then go and live somewhere nice rather than having to go to Alberta...
Old Jun 2nd 2013, 7:49 am
Just Joined

ohcanada is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cjones
Hanging with all these "high net worth individuals" have you not been able to snag one of them as a husband?.. That's got to be easiest way to sidestep all these pesky job/visa type thingamajigs surely.

You could then go and live somewhere nice rather than having to go to Alberta...

lol, ...
Old Jun 2nd 2013, 11:59 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

It's nice that you've got us girls pegged down quite so well cj. We don't let education, experience and life distract us from our one true goal dontchaknow Men, be afraid...be very afraid.
Old Jun 2nd 2013, 1:32 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Hi and welcome.

You mention the visa, but say your boyf is Canadian, so is he not sponsoring you for your visa? If you need a TWP instead then I think that could be tricky tbh, not sure you'd get a LMO easily for a PA position.

If you can clarify what visa you intend to move on, that would be great.

Good luck.
That's the point! I don't know what my options are! Have spent a lot of time on the Canadian gov website but don't know what option I am most likely to be able to get.
Boyf is a PR and is sponsored by his ex although they are still married... Can he sponsor me as a PR? Or does the sponsor have to be a citizen? He can't get a divorce quickly so marriage isn't an option for now.
Old Jun 2nd 2013, 1:35 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MillieF
It's nice that you've got us girls pegged down quite so well cj. We don't let education, experience and life distract us from our one true goal dontchaknow Men, be afraid...be very afraid.
Quite Millie! Also worth pointing out that these men can also be women...hence the term HNW individuals as opposed to HNW men!
Old Jun 2nd 2013, 1:38 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

That's the point! I don't know what my options are! Have spent a lot of time on the Canadian gov website but don't know what option I am most likely to be able to get.
Boyf is a PR and is sponsored by his ex although they are still married... Can he sponsor me as a PR? Or does the sponsor have to be a citizen? He can't get a divorce quickly so marriage isn't an option for now.
OK so just to be clear, your boyfriend has his PR yes? or is he in the process of being sponsored?

He cannot sponsor you while he is still married.

You may have to look at other options to get to Canada as that particular situation sounds messy from an immigration point of view.

take a look at the wiki for your options
Old Jun 2nd 2013, 2:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Are you on LinkedIn? There is a perfect job on there right now - Executive and Personal Assistant to the Founder at TEC Canada.

On my iPad right now, not sure if I can add a link or if you can view it if you are not a member but here goes...

Ok, that's not working but see if you can find it yourself.
Old Jun 2nd 2013, 2:32 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Quite Millie! Also worth pointing out that these men can also be women...hence the term HNW individuals as opposed to HNW men!
You could marry a high net worth woman in Canada.
Old Jun 2nd 2013, 3:34 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Dunno why, but I always thought that this kind of job involved a bit of shagging. And this is irrespective of the gender combination so nobody can say this post makes an offensive insinuation.
Old Jun 2nd 2013, 4:41 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

In Newfoundland, a High Net Worth individual is somebody with new trawling gear.
Old Jun 2nd 2013, 5:31 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
In Newfoundland, a High Net Worth individual is somebody with new trawling gear.
Have you seen the price of new trawling gear? Jeez 'by.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.