P85 Form

Old Mar 1st 2012, 3:03 am
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: BC
Posts: 96
ralphster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default P85 Form


If you are looking to fill out the P85 Form "Leaving the UK - Getting Your Tax Right", it appears that you DO NOT need to fill this in if you are required to fill out a self-assessment tax return for the tax year you left the UK.

I spoke to someone on a helpline at HMRC who confirmed this. I asked whether a P85 would then need to be submitted after you had completed the self assessment form, and they told me "no" if you still earn income from the UK.

Has anyone had any different advice from HMRC?
ralphster is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.