Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Over the air TV?

Over the air TV?

Old Nov 27th 2010, 3:52 am
Forum Regular

transatlantic has a reputation beyond reputetransatlantic has a reputation beyond reputetransatlantic has a reputation beyond reputetransatlantic has a reputation beyond reputetransatlantic has a reputation beyond reputetransatlantic has a reputation beyond reputetransatlantic has a reputation beyond reputetransatlantic has a reputation beyond reputetransatlantic has a reputation beyond reputetransatlantic has a reputation beyond reputetransatlantic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Over the air TV?

I'm bored of paying Cogeco around 50 bucks a month so I cant watch adverts every 5 minutes! I was wondering if anyone living near the border (I'm 6 miles over the river from Clayton, NY) has tried out an american ATSC digital receiver?
Old Nov 27th 2010, 6:57 pm

lmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Over the air TV?

Originally Posted by transatlantic
I'm bored of paying Cogeco around 50 bucks a month so I cant watch adverts every 5 minutes! I was wondering if anyone living near the border (I'm 6 miles over the river from Clayton, NY) has tried out an american ATSC digital receiver?
Ive posted quite a bit about this before if you search. I'm in mid-town Toronto with a (large-ish) antenna in my living room. High floor, clear view of CN tower. We get about 23 HD channels OTA. Some of the US ones take a bit of messing around to get, but overall very good. I split the signal to the TV and to a Mac Mini which acts as a PVR.
Old Nov 27th 2010, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

SteveHarris has a brilliant futureSteveHarris has a brilliant futureSteveHarris has a brilliant futureSteveHarris has a brilliant futureSteveHarris has a brilliant futureSteveHarris has a brilliant future
Default Re: Over the air TV?

Originally Posted by transatlantic
If you want to check out the stations and signal strengths have a play around with this signal strength map (start here):

http://www.tvfool.com/index.php?opti...pper&Itemid=90

For fun I built a HD antenna (using one of the youtube guides) and sure enough the TV channels mapped to the map created on the TV Fool web site.

Cheers - Steve