Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Over 40 years old

Over 40 years old

Old Nov 21st 2013, 2:23 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Over 40 years old

Originally Posted by MillieF
And on that note...I am more than a few years in than 40...but...at my advanced age have just been offered a big promotion and am heading off on Sunday to a Conference....first time in many years....Canada has in a work world been kind to me
Good to hear. If it's in Toronto, don't be shy. Meeting you would be a pleasure and a privilege.
Old Nov 21st 2013, 2:33 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Good to hear. If it's in Toronto, don't be shy. Meeting you would be a pleasure and a privilege.
And should not happen without my supervision.
Old Nov 21st 2013, 2:40 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
And should not happen without my supervision.
I don't think I would need a chaperone, but if it were to happen, you'd be another honoured guest.
Old Nov 21st 2013, 5:12 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

How delightful you both are! It's in Guelph actually....and is going to involve me going down a pipe 40 ft down in the earthprior to to the event so that I know what I'm talking about. What I love is the fact that they are giving me chance to do it...this Company is willing to train me and sees that i may be useful in the future, whereas many others wern't....and OP I am a "bit" over 40...very nervous, but excited too.
Old Nov 21st 2013, 6:03 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

How delightful you both are! It's in Guelph actually....and is going to involve me going down a pipe 40 ft down in the earthprior to to the event so that I know what I'm talking about. What I love is the fact that they are giving me chance to do it...this Company is willing to train me and sees that i may be useful in the future, whereas many others wern't....and OP I am a "bit" over 40...very nervous, but excited too.
That's just up the road - wish I had transport because I would come and meet you in a heartbeat.

How exciting for you though - well done you!

Old Nov 21st 2013, 10:55 am
Just Joined

Irishlady is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations MillieF! Very happy for you! Makes me feel more positive about moving to Canada.
Old Nov 26th 2013, 10:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

oopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond repute

Way to go Millie, kicking that door down (...nicely) certainly seems to have done the trick!
Old Nov 26th 2013, 11:10 pm
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

And on that note...I am more than a few years in than 40...but...at my advanced age have just been offered a big promotion and am heading off on Sunday to a Conference....first time in many years....Canada has in a work world been kind to me
Not read this post for a while and missed this news. Congratulations! It sounds exciting and challenging. One thing this whole moving countries thing has taught me is not to shy away from things or let temporary circumstances get you down. It's the "can do" attitude that got many of us here in the first place.

I'm very pleased for you - congratulations again!
Old Nov 29th 2013, 10:24 pm
Forum Regular

Lilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to all

If you speak fluent French, Ottawa is your ticket. Trust me on this one!
Old Dec 3rd 2013, 12:02 am
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lilipuddlian
If you speak fluent French, Ottawa is your ticket. Trust me on this one!
Do you mean there are plenty of jobs for bilingual staff? We're on the move maybe that's where we should go!