Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Our worst nightmare come true

Wikiposts

Our worst nightmare come true

Old Jan 17th 2008, 3:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

mkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Our worst nightmare come true

No truer words than 'it never rains but it pours', hang on in there, it can only get better after the week you've had.

Do keep us posted and take care.

Sharon x
Old Jan 17th 2008, 4:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ruby Murray
Ta Gay....want owt picking up from Morrisons? I'd get something in for you and you could pick it up next time you're passing through?
Instant gravy - the one you just add water to probably the only thing which I really miss

xx

ps Good Luck Jaycee for Friday hope you get your passports back

Gaynor
x
Old Jan 17th 2008, 4:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ruby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by burton bunch
Instant gravy - the one you just add water to probably the only thing which I really miss

xx

ps Good Luck Jaycee for Friday hope you get your passports back

Gaynor
x
Ok, are you a Bisto or Oxo granuals fan?....If I don't hear back from you, I'll take a guess so it'll be pot luck

Last edited by Ruby Murray; Jan 17th 2008 at 4:54 pm. Reason: punctuation
Old Jan 17th 2008, 5:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, are you a Bisto or Oxo granuals fan?....If I don't hear back from you, I'll take a guess so it'll be pot luck
Seriously Jaycee

Sod the bloody bisto hope you and your OH are coping ok and will be thinking of tomorrow and hope to god that you get to go over.

Dont forget a bloody thick coat if you are going to Duckie Crem - still frickin freezing

Lots of love

Gay
Old Jan 18th 2008, 1:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Ruby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by burton bunch
Seriously Jaycee

Sod the bloody bisto hope you and your OH are coping ok and will be thinking of tomorrow and hope to god that you get to go over.

Dont forget a bloody thick coat if you are going to Duckie Crem - still frickin freezing

Lots of love

Gay
If I don't talk about something else though or bring a little humour into my day, I'll crack up!! Eveything is all to much like living on eggshells right now. Today's the day we hope to receive the passports and once we do, it'll be flights booked and literally throw everything in cases for tomorrow's flight! I've always been such the organised one too, having stuff like cases packed 2 weeks beforehand but I just daren't tempt fate by starting anything.

The funeral is going to be in Warrington, but I assume it's going to be bloody freezing all over there which is why I bought a cracking down jacket from Marks Work Warehouse last night.

Jaycee

PS....I'm still gonna get yer gravy - it can stay in my cupboards for as long as it takes for you to come up to Red Deer, meet you and pick it up
Old Jan 18th 2008, 2:18 am
BE Forum Addict

mkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond repute

PS....I'm still gonna get yer gravy - it can stay in my cupboards for as long as it takes for you to come up to Red Deer, meet you and pick it up [/quote]

Ah, if you're doing a 'big shop' then can I put an order in? Two dozen large bars of Galaxy chocolate......hang on there's quite a bit, can I email it to you? Take an empty suitcase with you, so you can make sure you can get it home....if you're stuck for space leave BB's gravy granules behind... Keep your chin up, take a deep breath and go one step at a time.
Old Jan 18th 2008, 2:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mkmurrays
PS....I'm still gonna get yer gravy - it can stay in my cupboards for as long as it takes for you to come up to Red Deer, meet you and pick it up
Ah, if you're doing a 'big shop' then can I put an order in? Two dozen large bars of Galaxy chocolate......hang on there's quite a bit, can I email it to you? Take an empty suitcase with you, so you can make sure you can get it home....if you're stuck for space leave BB's gravy granules behind... Keep your chin up, take a deep breath and go one step at a time.[/QUOTE]

LOL.....believe me, the room in our cases are going to be maxxed out with jars of Patak's Balti paste, packets of Sharwoods Peshwari Naans, several squeezy bottles of salad cream, boxes of jaffa cakes and jammie dodgers, paxo stuffing and my own jars of OXO gravy granuals!! I have to have something positive to look forward to amidst all the grieving and that relief comes in the form of shopping in Asda and Morrisons.....such a simple girl, easy to please
Old Jan 18th 2008, 2:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

boxes of jaffa cakes
We had a friend over last week and he brought one of those "3 pack" of jaffa cakes. You have never seen anything hoovered up so quickly in your life

Even while packing in haste Jaycee, don't forget the extra holdall Hope you postman/lady comes soon .....
Old Jan 18th 2008, 2:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Friend of mine sent my daughter two huge bars of Cadburys (UK) chocolate for Christmas. Def the hit of the season...must be a girl thing!
Old Jan 18th 2008, 3:30 am
NS covern member #1

Poppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry to hear about your loss and having lost my father last year unexpectedly, I can understand the muddle of emotions you feel right now, being so far away. I hope all goes well for you now, thinking of you.

Pack those cases full of favourite yummies, its such a fab distraction. We always seek out cheese and onion WAlkers, Frazzles and Minstrels!!! Still chomping through our last *care* package sent to us! Get an even larger hold all and get some sale shopping in.......

Last edited by Poppy2; Jan 18th 2008 at 3:35 am.
Old Jan 18th 2008, 4:38 am
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Well it's 11:30am here in Saskatchewan and I must say I am on tenterhooks. Has the postie done the business yet? I do hope you get the passports back and manage to book flights that will not be too hard on your pocket. Take care.
Old Jan 18th 2008, 4:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Lorna_D
Well it's 11:30am here in Saskatchewan and I must say I am on tenterhooks. Has the postie done the business yet? I do hope you get the passports back and manage to book flights that will not be too hard on your pocket. Take care.
Yep, over here in Kelowna it's 10.45 and I'm on pins too! I wonder how many fingers are crossed?
Old Jan 18th 2008, 5:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Time here is 11.35am......still waiting, waiting, waiting
Received a call from Canada Post agent in Toronto giving us their assurances it is going to be delivered today at the door....but he ain't here yet
I have left a note in our mail box telling him WE ARE IN THE HOUSE so he'd better not skip knocking on the door and putting those little slips of paper in telling us we have to pick it up from the postal outlet in Red Deer....that means we won't be able to get it until after 5pm, sometimes the next day! Don't worry, as soon as I have them, I will let you all know......and I really do appreciate all your concerns.

Jaycee xxxx
Old Jan 18th 2008, 9:01 am
BE Forum Addict

We now have the passports (huge relief), but not without some very vexed emotions towards Canada Post plonkers. After discovering in our mail box this morning, that crummy slip of paper notifying us there is a letter to be collected at the postal outlet, I was right on to the main woman at CanPost in Toronto, fuming that the mailman hadn't even made an attempt to deliver it to the door Several phone calls to and fro with the BHC and CanPost and we were eventually told that the letter was being held for us at the postal outlet in Bower Mall. Sent hubby out to collect the letter and phone me asap to confirm everything was there....I then got the seats booked for tomorrow. So the worst (for now) is over and we can hopefully get to Calgary tomorrow with no hiccups....then we face the next hurdle in the UK of the grief with family and the funeral.

Thank you for all your lovely posts and pm's....they have really touched my heart. xxxx

Jaycee
Old Jan 18th 2008, 9:03 am
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

We now have the passports (huge relief), but not without some very vexed emotions towards Canada Post plonkers. After discovering in our mail box this morning, that crummy slip of paper notifying us there is a letter to be collected at the postal outlet, I was right on to the main woman at CanPost in Toronto, fuming that the mailman hadn't even made an attempt to deliver it to the door Several phone calls to and fro with the BHC and CanPost and we were eventually told that the letter was being held for us at the postal outlet in Bower Mall. Sent hubby out to collect the letter and phone me asap to confirm everything was there....I then got the seats booked for tomorrow. So the worst (for now) is over and we can hopefully get to Calgary tomorrow with no hiccups....then we face the next hurdle in the UK of the grief with family and the funeral.

Thank you for all your lovely posts and pm's....they have really touched my heart. xxxx

Jaycee
Thank God everything came together, cyber hug to release the tension

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.