Reload this Page >

On our way to Vancouver...

On our way to Vancouver...

Old Apr 15th 2007, 2:51 pm
Just Joined

desdemona4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile On our way to Vancouver...

Hi All,
I have been reading and learning from the site for a few weeks now, thought it was time I contributed.
I am a Nurse, have managed to get a job in Greater Vancouver and will be flying out with Hubby and two teenage sons on 19th May. we are going on a work permit, but hope to settle permanently if all goes well.
Getting excited now, lots to do, but all with a good reason, so I can cope!
Both boys (16 and 19) are looking foward to the move, especially the younger as he is a ski mad freestyler, not a lot of snow around here!
It would be great to hear from others in same area, with offspring of similar ages.
Old Apr 15th 2007, 2:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: On our way to Vancouver...

Originally Posted by desdemona4
Hi All,
I have been reading and learning from the site for a few weeks now, thought it was time I contributed.
I am a Nurse, have managed to get a job in Greater Vancouver and will be flying out with Hubby and two teenage sons on 19th May. we are going on a work permit, but hope to settle permanently if all goes well.
Both boys (16 and 19) are looking foward to the move, especially the younger as he is a ski mad freestyler, not a lot of snow around here!
It would be great to hear from others in same area, with offspring of similar ages.
Hello and welcome to the mad world of BE - from one lancashire lass to another.

Not going to BC but all the luck in the world wings it's way to you from a very sunny Manchester

Gaynor
x
Old Apr 15th 2007, 3:23 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by burton bunch
Hello and welcome to the mad world of BE - from one lancashire lass to another.

Not going to BC but all the luck in the world wings it's way to you from a very sunny Manchester

Gaynor
x
Hi Gaynor,
Thanks for the welcome.
Debbie
Old Apr 15th 2007, 4:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

NovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really nice

Hi All,

Just wanted to say Hi & Welcome to the forum.

Wish you all the best for the flight on the 19th May!!

It'll soon be here......
Old Apr 15th 2007, 4:53 pm

gloveman is an unknown quantity at this point

We are flying out to Vancouver Island two days after you. Have a great and good luck.
Old Apr 15th 2007, 6:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

NovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really nice

Originally Posted by gloveman
We are flying out to Vancouver Island two days after you. Have a great and good luck.
& good luck and all the best to you too!!

Old Apr 15th 2007, 6:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

fuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,
All the best with your move - you'll have a great time. Can't wait until it's time for us to follow you - just need to sell the house!

Joanne

Old Apr 16th 2007, 11:41 am
Happy as a pig in treacle

claire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud of

I'll be in Calgary by 28th April, but keep us posted on how things go!

Best wishes
Claire
Old Apr 16th 2007, 3:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE - good luck and all best wishes to you and your family
Old Apr 16th 2007, 6:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Ann, aren't you house hunting? How is it going?

Sorry desdemona4, very rude of me, I came here to welcome you to the forum and got thrown completely by seeing ann here!

If our application for PR takes as long as it could then we will have an 18 yr old son by thetime that we get there, he is 14.5 at the moment and wants to go now. He is gutted to hear that we may have to wait a few years.

What will your 19 yr old do, college? Uni? Work? I'm guessing that your 16 yr old will slot into school and makes friends there quite easily.

Enjoy the forum!

Last edited by Robin (The Gadget family); Apr 16th 2007 at 7:00 pm. Reason: Lack of thought!
Old Apr 16th 2007, 7:55 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Robin (The Gadget family)
Hey Ann, aren't you house hunting? How is it going?

Sorry desdemona4, very rude of me, I came here to welcome you to the forum and got thrown completely by seeing ann here!

If our application for PR takes as long as it could then we will have an 18 yr old son by thetime that we get there, he is 14.5 at the moment and wants to go now. He is gutted to hear that we may have to wait a few years.

What will your 19 yr old do, college? Uni? Work? I'm guessing that your 16 yr old will slot into school and makes friends there quite easily.

Enjoy the forum!
Hi Robin,
Thanks for the welcome. Yup, 19 year old will be trying college, his idea (surprisingly!) He wants to do the Adult Graduation course, so he has an equal footing to others to job hunt or go on to someting else at college. T'uther one really wants to be a ski bum!! But he is very sociable so will not mind school tooo much!
I suppose I am lucky to be in a vocation that can get us a work permits, I hope your wait is not too long.
Debbie
Old Apr 16th 2007, 7:56 pm
Just Joined

bumbley is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck for May 19th, hope it all works out.
Hi, my name is Tina. I am also a nurse, who is strongly thinking about relocating to Vancouver, along with my husband who is a police officer. We have no kids as yet!!!! Today I started wheels in motion by handing my cv to Nurse Vancouver personnel at RCN conference. Please keep me posted on your adventure. P.S. How long did the whole process take?
Old Apr 16th 2007, 9:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bumbley
Hi, my name is Tina. I am also a nurse, who is strongly thinking about relocating to Vancouver, along with my husband who is a police officer. We have no kids as yet!!!! Today I started wheels in motion by handing my cv to Nurse Vancouver personnel at RCN conference. Please keep me posted on your adventure. P.S. How long did the whole process take?
Hi Tina welcome,

Start your own meet and greet thread if you want a proper BE welcome, you'll get seen more as an individual if you understand what I mean). I am a pc too, Is hubby going to join out there?
Robin
Old Apr 16th 2007, 9:25 pm
Just Joined

Wink Re: On our way to Vancouver...

Originally Posted by bumbley
Hi Tina,
Who did you see at the conference? I wonder if it is one of the people that has been helping me out?
I applied for a job in late October, telephone interview early December, job offer at end of interview. Work Permits through early March. We did waste a little time though, as I discovered thet two members of familly had passports that would have expired before end of permits!!- had to get new ones.
Hubby has an open work permit (I think he would prefer not to use it...but not if I have any say...)
Good luck with your job hunting
Debbie
Old Apr 16th 2007, 10:51 pm
Just Joined

Nancy A Bridson is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,
Spent most of my youth in Lancs. Hope you will all have a good move and be very happy here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.