Ottawa

Old Feb 28th 2018, 12:09 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ottawa

Originally Posted by rawsalad
I went the the RA Centre which is beside the Billings Bridge Mall in Ottawa. And lots of friendly people there, I made a lot of friends. Also the membership is quite reasonable.

I used the RA Centre eventhough there was a much cheaper and newer gym almost across the road from my flat. But that gym had the usual body builder types that "reserved" machines and benches. RA Centre everyone was great at sharing and the staff are great.
I played snooker and eight ball at the "rah" while I served my time in Ottawa. Cheap but a poor selection of beer as I recall.
Old Mar 4th 2018, 7:43 pm
Just Joined

bathexpats has a reputation beyond reputebathexpats has a reputation beyond reputebathexpats has a reputation beyond reputebathexpats has a reputation beyond reputebathexpats has a reputation beyond reputebathexpats has a reputation beyond reputebathexpats has a reputation beyond reputebathexpats has a reputation beyond reputebathexpats has a reputation beyond reputebathexpats has a reputation beyond reputebathexpats has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ottawa

Originally Posted by Oink
Given your age I'd doubt it's very easy. Younger people pick up friends easily but most people in their early thirties have their set groups and are involved with raising their families.
I presume this a joke?

My wife and I (33 and 32) are on a recce round Canada and using a site called TrustedHouseSitters has been a phenomenal way to meet people. In fact a guy in his 30's who selected us to sit his house and look after his dog in Esquimalt has become a really good friend. Despite staying in Sooke, we met up with him yesterday to hike mount douglas and have dinner.

Since house sitting we are in contact still with ALL the people we have sat for who are really intrigued about our story.

At present we are sitting in a co-living community and have been invited to dinner 4 times (free food so have ALWAYS accepted haha) in the 10 nights we have been here! If you are friendly, polite, and take as much interest in peoples lives as they do yours, making friends and acquaintances is an absolute breeze!

Even in Vancouver we became friendly with the neighbours and went on several dog walks, and Vancouver I would say the people are a little colder personality wise, but still very friendly. I went for morning jogs with a guy I randomly got speaking to in an elevator on the way back to our apartment.

Canadians are by far the most friendliest people I've met throughout extensive travels across the world. Making friends is the one thing we worried about most when moving here, and it's been the easiest part so far.