Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Ordering contact lenses online

Ordering contact lenses online

Old Apr 18th 2011, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

jameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to all
Default Ordering contact lenses online

Back in the UK I enjoyed ordering my lesnes online, to take advantage of the cost savings of bulk buy.

Where can I order lenses from, online, in Canada?

Can anyone point me to a good company?
Old Apr 18th 2011, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

ek84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ordering contact lenses online

I recently ordered some from ContactsExpress.ca - seemed to be ok, but this is only the first time I've ever used them, they sent the right lenses so I guess thats a good start !

Someone else recommended Clearly Contacts to me, but I found the lenses I use to be not much cheaper than in Superstore, depends what kind you use I guess.

Hope that helps!

Liz
Old Apr 18th 2011, 3:05 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

I've used clearly contacts , good for an obscure brand that wasn't easily available in many opticians.

Usually you can google promocodes and stuff for them as well
Old Apr 18th 2011, 3:19 pm
Just Joined

DieterG is an unknown quantity at this point

I have used Visionpros, cheap and good
Old Apr 18th 2011, 3:31 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you a Costco nearby? They have good rates
Old Apr 18th 2011, 3:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Clearly Contacts is another one I have used successfully.

www.clearlycontacts.ca

As an aside, I've noticed that if you try and use the US sites (apart from any postage or customs costs), they are sticklers for seeing your prescription too.
Old Apr 18th 2011, 9:38 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

We've all used Clearly Contacts too. Some of our family have got glasses from them as well!

I'd recommend them. They're really quick too.
Old Apr 18th 2011, 11:42 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

I have recently started using daysoft. http://www.daysoftcontactlenses.com/

Delivery and customer service (when I had a problem) were excellent. Lenses are comfortable and affordable - wearing them right now
Old Apr 19th 2011, 12:31 am
and the cat too

JulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud of

When I was in the UK I got my lenses from Asda, and that included free yearly check ups.

So do you use an optician for your check ups and prescription, and then order you lenses online?
Old Apr 19th 2011, 12:38 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Yep that's exactly what I do
Old Apr 19th 2011, 12:42 am
and the cat too

JulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud of

Thanks, what are the costs at the opticians?
Old Apr 19th 2011, 1:10 am
Professional Cat herder

I don't recall the price , insurance ended up Paying but maybe around $85 ( it varies from place to place)
I seem to recall them trying to charge extra for optional things like retina photography ( the kind of thing that diabetics have done)

To be honest I wasn't happy with the last optometrist I went to

I had some sort of pre screening thingy administered by the receptionist , I had to tell her I was wearing contacts because she didn't ask !
Then they left me sitting in the reception for about 45 minutes without my lenses in cause they were running late

I am very short sighted and feel strangely vulnerable without my lenses in.
Then I had to talk them out of dilating my pupils , because I had to get home on transit , using dilating drops was never a part of my routine care in the UK and I dont see the point in submitting to unnecessary procedures

Last edited by Zoe Bell; Apr 19th 2011 at 1:12 am. Reason: Auto correct , iPhone and fat fingers
Old Apr 19th 2011, 1:49 am
and the cat too

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
I don't recall the price , insurance ended up Paying but maybe around $85 ( it varies from place to place)
I seem to recall them trying to charge extra for optional things like retina photography ( the kind of thing that diabetics have done)

To be honest I wasn't happy with the last optometrist I went to

I had some sort of pre screening thingy administered by the receptionist , I had to tell her I was wearing contacts because she didn't ask !
Then they left me sitting in the reception for about 45 minutes without my lenses in cause they were running late

I am very short sighted and feel strangely vulnerable without my lenses in.
Then I had to talk them out of dilating my pupils , because I had to get home on transit , using dilating drops was never a part of my routine care in the UK and I dont see the point in submitting to unnecessary procedures
Thanks for the info, I've not been wearing my lenses much since I've been here so still using up my UK Asda supply. But I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and find an optometrist.
Old Apr 19th 2011, 7:55 am

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been using www.discountcontactlenses.com for just over a year. I pay $125.70 for 3 months supply of Acuvu Moist daily lenses. I have never paid for shipping, and never get charged duites & taxes. They normally take about 10days to get to me. I last ordered on 14th April, so I will track them.

I just used my prescription from the UK until I had my eyes checked here.
Old Apr 19th 2011, 1:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Monique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to behold

last time I had my eyes tested in Canada it was $60 (few years ago) here in Canada the prescription for glasses is the same for contacts, so a contact lense eye test is not needed here abd it lasts 2 years.....unlike the states!!

if you have any kind of disease like diabetes you can have your eyes tested as many times in one year as u want at no cost....all covered under ohip

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.