Reload this Page >

Optometrist Bridging Program is a rip off

Optometrist Bridging Program is a rip off

Old Nov 20th 2018, 1:46 am
Just Joined

Ghada is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Optometrist Bridging Program is a rip off

Originally Posted by siddom
How hard was the evaluating exam? What type of score did you receive on it? Whats a succesful score? Were there many younger people writing the exam?

Thanks!
Hi. detailed information about the exam can be found on Touchstone Institute website, under IGOEE

I only received a notification that I have passed and there is no score for passing, there is a description on how a candidate preformed compared to the general.
there were many people form different age groups and different countries: there were some fresh graduates mainly from the UK and India as well as many older aged optometrists and ophthalmologist.
Old Nov 20th 2018, 2:17 am
BE Enthusiast

KenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ghada
Hi. detailed information about the exam can be found on Touchstone Institute website, under IGOEE

I only received a notification that I have passed and there is no score for passing, there is a description on how a candidate preformed compared to the general.
there were many people form different age groups and different countries: there were some fresh graduates mainly from the UK and India as well as many older aged optometrists and ophthalmologist.
does that mean that you will do the training at Waterloo Uni or you are exempt now?
Old Nov 20th 2018, 2:24 am
Just Joined

Ghada is on a distinguished road

i am not exempt. i will start the bridging program in Jan 2019.
Old Jan 26th 2019, 1:35 pm
Just Joined

IanaK is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ghada
hi
well, I know I am late responding to your concerns but I couldn't help not to offer my experience.
I was an ophthalmologist before I came to Canada. I opted to become an optometrist and I have done all the required steps including education assessment and evaluating exam. I am enrolled in the bridging program which will start in January 2019. I can offer you and your wife answers to your inquiries if you want. The main point that I want to say is that YOUR WIFE CAN SKIP THE BRIDGING PROGRAM IF SHE EXCELS IN THE EVALUATION EXAM. this is very important to know. And perhaps you have read that not all of the people who pass the exam get an admission in the bridging program, it is competitive. So here is how the scenario goes : among people who pass the exam :1- some of them ( 18 eye care prifessional for this year ) will be eligible for the bridging program, 2- some who have passed but not with high grades can retake the exam next year or keep their grades till next year, 3-AND Only few optometrists who really do way above the average can be exempted from the bridging program. ( I don't know how many optometrists have achieved that this year).
if you or your wife would like to ask more questions I will be happy to offer answers based on my experience.
Good luck
Hi,Ghada!
I am ophthalmologist from Ukraine and stil haven’t decided yet if start the preparation to IOBP.
Were are you from and how competitive the exam was?
Old Jul 1st 2019, 4:47 am
Just Joined

ipsalm is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

I am a foreign trained Optometrist as well. I would like to know what certificate are you giving after completion of the IOPB program at Waterloo? I mean is it a Doctor of Optometry Degree or just a certificate of completion of the Bridging program?