Reload this Page >

open work permit for student ?

open work permit for student ?

Old Apr 15th 2005, 12:14 am
Just Joined

Sukh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default open work permit for student ?

Hi Everyone,

I came here on work permit and worked for one yr and then changed it study permit to do specialization in wireless networking. But now after completing 2 semesters I'm running out of money as student can't work out of campus and there not much work on campus in my college. Is there any way I can get open work permit so that I can work outside and complete my studies?

I've heard that you could get a work permit on special grounds like if your sponsor is unable to send money but I don't know who to approach.

experts plss help!!
Old Apr 15th 2005, 2:09 am
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: open work permit for student ?

Originally Posted by Sukh
Hi Everyone,

I came here on work permit and worked for one yr and then changed it study permit to do specialization in wireless networking. But now after completing 2 semesters I'm running out of money as student can't work out of campus and there not much work on campus in my college. Is there any way I can get open work permit so that I can work outside and complete my studies?

I've heard that you could get a work permit on special grounds like if your sponsor is unable to send money but I don't know who to approach.

experts plss help!!
I think that is quite difficult to do - when you are given your Study Permit you have to satisfy the Officer dealing with your application that you can afford to remain in Canada. If it later transpires that you can't then I think there is somewhere on CIC that you can apply to, but I don't believe that many are successful with this. Experts would be best to answer this for you.