Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

open plan living

open plan living

Old Oct 9th 2008, 6:18 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: open plan living

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Sorry, I thought from your comment about seeing what happened in winter that your $150 monthly hadn't taken account of winter.

So let's see if I have this right...you are all electric and your total bills for heating, lighting, cooking and hot water for a year are $1800.
According the my tax spreadsheet for 2007, we paid a total hydro bill of $1,733.18.

There are some advantages to living in this province.

I won't publish my provincial tax return, though. Not before 9pm. It contains scenes of nudity and violence (a man being stripped naked and ****** up the ****).

Last edited by Souvenir; Oct 9th 2008 at 6:24 pm.
Old Oct 9th 2008, 6:44 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvenir

There are some advantages to living in this province.
I'm sure more than some.

That 9.00pm watershed sounds interesting.
Old Oct 10th 2008, 7:50 am
BE Enthusiast

CAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of light

Hi, haven't posted on the Canadian forum for some time. We sold our open plan in Niagara Falls and moved to New Zealand. Open plan houses are much nicer than having the house cut up into rooms. Our house had a front hall off of which was a formal living. Then through the hall you entered the middle of the house, kitchen, dining and family.

It is a common set up in new homes to have the kitchen dining and family all connected. It is a nice way to live. We have only been gone two years, but at the time never found paying $300 per month to be expensive. We paid less than $200 for natural gas for the month and about $80 for electricity.

Houses are well built, and despite what was posted above, there is no issue with condensation in houses through heating rooms differently. It is possible to close the register in rooms not in use so the warm air flows to those rooms you use only.