Reload this Page >

One way flights to the UK

One way flights to the UK

Old Feb 22nd 2009, 5:08 am
NMH
Just Joined

NMH is an unknown quantity at this point
Default One way flights to the UK

Has anybody gone back to the UK to live on a return flight and not used the return portion of the ticket? I'm asking this question because it is cheaper to buy a return ticket than a one way one and wondered if it was possible? Also what are the cheapest airlines for Vancouver to Heathrow in March?
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 5:31 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: One way flights to the UK

Throwing the return portion away is OK.

However, there is a fare on Air Transat, one-way to Gatwick on 19th March for C$389 or 5th March, C$239!
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 7:48 pm
JLT
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sutton Coldfield UK until I return to Toronto 2009 or earlier!!
JLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by NMH
Has anybody gone back to the UK to live on a return flight and not used the return portion of the ticket? I'm asking this question because it is cheaper to buy a return ticket than a one way one and wondered if it was possible? Also what are the cheapest airlines for Vancouver to Heathrow in March?
Yes it is possible....as long as you have the right of abode in the UK I would imagine? Nothing to loose really on the financial side!
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 10:53 pm
6 weeks to return home

Andy--UK BOUND is just really niceAndy--UK BOUND is just really niceAndy--UK BOUND is just really niceAndy--UK BOUND is just really niceAndy--UK BOUND is just really niceAndy--UK BOUND is just really niceAndy--UK BOUND is just really niceAndy--UK BOUND is just really niceAndy--UK BOUND is just really niceAndy--UK BOUND is just really niceAndy--UK BOUND is just really nice

I am looking for a one way flight from Halifax (Nova Scotia) to London. But there is no real choice at present and very expensive...Does anyone have any advice?
Old Feb 24th 2009, 12:49 am
Forum Regular

cockney has much to be proud ofcockney has much to be proud ofcockney has much to be proud ofcockney has much to be proud ofcockney has much to be proud ofcockney has much to be proud ofcockney has much to be proud ofcockney has much to be proud ofcockney has much to be proud ofcockney has much to be proud ofcockney has much to be proud of

Sure you can throw the ticket away, but if you really decide it's cheaper. why not put it up for sale in one of the many travel forums, ebay or whatever, and see if you get a bite?
Old Feb 24th 2009, 12:57 am
6 weeks to return home

Andy--UK BOUND is just really niceAndy--UK BOUND is just really niceAndy--UK BOUND is just really niceAndy--UK BOUND is just really niceAndy--UK BOUND is just really niceAndy--UK BOUND is just really niceAndy--UK BOUND is just really niceAndy--UK BOUND is just really niceAndy--UK BOUND is just really niceAndy--UK BOUND is just really niceAndy--UK BOUND is just really nice

I thought the airlines had put a stop to that. I thought you could not change the name on the return ticket?