Reload this Page >

One for the experts

One for the experts

Old Aug 18th 2004, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

MissingCanada is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation One for the experts

Hello,

My name is Julia and I am a canadian presently in the UK as a working holiday maker. My husband is british and I have sponsored him as we have decided that we want to live in canada. The CIC in Mississauga received our application on the 22 of March, started processing on the 14th of April and I was approved for sponsorship on the 22nd of April 2004 (which was a nice suprise, didnt know that part would be so quick!). They have sent our application to London who received it on the 5th of May 2004. We haven't heard anything since then and the e-cas isn't moving. I was wondering if anyone had an approximate timeline for an application that is straighforward and complete at this point in time. Is it a good thing that we haven't heard anything? I'm really missing my family and country now and can't stay here much longer because I might go crazy. Is this taken into account? I won't leave my husband behind in England because I wouldnt be without him.

Do any of the experts here have any words of wisdom for me? Or some encouragement or suggestions? I really don't want to be here past October and my visa expires in February.

Thanks,

Julia
Old Aug 18th 2004, 1:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Corky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: One for the experts

Hi Julia, Welcome! I was under the impression that sponsership took about 6 months if everything is straight forward. Not actually been through it, I am not sure. How long have you been in the UK and what is it you don't like over there? Where abouts do you plan on settling in Canada?
Old Aug 18th 2004, 1:08 pm
Velouria

Default Re: One for the experts

Hi Julia

i am a canadian citizen who has been in the uk for almost eight years now. i recently got married in december of 2003 and applied for my husband's PR Visa... our timeline was as follows:

30-01-2004: Sponsorship & Permanent Residency applications sent off
20-02-2004: Mississauga confirms receipt of applications
15-03-2004: Sponsorship application approved
25-03-2004: Case Number allocated by the Canadian High Commission in London
19-07-2004: Visa approved!
22-07-2004: Passport sent off to the Canadian High Commission in London
06-08-2004: Passport received with Permanent Residency Visa inside

it seems that there is about a six month wait for spousal visas for canadian citizens living outside of canada. if you need any more info, just give me a shout!

hope this helps

Old Aug 18th 2004, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

MissingCanada is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: One for the experts

All this helps so much! was beginning to lose hope.

It's really hard being away from your country for so long, and I miss my whole family because we're really close.

Also curious to see what's changed in Ottawa! Haven't seen it for 18 months.

Hopefully I will have an answer in Septembre.

Thank you all for replying!

PS: the uk is alright, but it's not Canada. I would never feel at home here.