Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

OMG One week today!

OMG One week today!

Old Jun 13th 2011, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future
Default OMG One week today!

OH the nerves are really kicking in now, We have one week to the day that we land in Toronto. Please tell it's normal to feel like this....'are we doing the right thing'?...feeling very sick....excitied.....can't wait....!!

Also, can anyone just confirm, when we land will they accept a headed letter from the bank confirming our funds?

Thanks just needed to offload!
Old Jun 13th 2011, 2:25 pm
Forum Regular

dubbed is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: OMG One week today!

You are right to feel that way. The week before I left England, I was sure somehting bad was going to happen, and I wouldn't make it. Rediculous. Thet's nerves for you. Oh, and copious amounts of red wine.

As for the letter. Keep it aside unless you are asked about it. I know each are different, but the guy at Immigration was great:

Looked at me.
Looked at my paperwork.
Sign, sign and stamp.
Welcome to Canada, sir.

Off of the plane, and in to a waiting car within an hour.

Good luck!
Old Jun 13th 2011, 3:28 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 27mich71
OH the nerves are really kicking in now, We have one week to the day that we land in Toronto. Please tell it's normal to feel like this....'are we doing the right thing'?...feeling very sick....excitied.....can't wait....!!

Also, can anyone just confirm, when we land will they accept a headed letter from the bank confirming our funds?

When I landed they didn't want to see anything on funds. Just asked me how much I had.

A headed letter will be fine if needed.

And yes it is normal. Focus on enjoying your last days and eating as much fish and real chips as possible and buying decent tabloid newspapers.

Also pick up some cheap summer clothes it's going to be boiling the next few months.
Old Jun 13th 2011, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

big ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nice

Hi Mich
Dont worry,dont worry it's a piece of p--s .It took us on the fifth of May 25mins.to land including queing time.The girls on the desk at immigration were great,checked papers, scanned passport,have a nice day that was it.Customs similar,They were pleased we had typed goods to follow list in duplicate same with goods accompanying we guessed most quantities and values on the top side.Customs just photocopied them and never even searched our bags.EASY. dont panic ,enjoy the trip and good luck with your future plans Big Ron
Old Jun 13th 2011, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future

Ah, can i just say, thank you so much for the replys, it has really helped.
Big Ron are you in Burlington or am i thinking of someone else???
Old Jun 13th 2011, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

big ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nice

Ah, can i just say, thank you so much for the replys, it has really helped.
Big Ron are you in Burlington or am i thinking of someone else???
Hi Mich,
We are still in UK,had 2wks in May for landing purposes,have to sell the house yet, it is our son who lives in Burlington been there for the last 11yrs.We are hoping to live in NOTL. Best Wishes, Ronnie
Old Jun 13th 2011, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by big ron
Hi Mich,
We are still in UK,had 2wks in May for landing purposes,have to sell the house yet, it is our son who lives in Burlington been there for the last 11yrs.We are hoping to live in NOTL. Best Wishes, Ronnie
Burlington is were we are going to, never know might bump into you one day
Old Jun 13th 2011, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

Our son lives on Thornburn dr. near the intersection of Appleby and Corporate Drive.We have been in touch with Miss Clinique and visiterd her house twice.She is a lovely lady and makes us most welcome.
Old Jun 13th 2011, 9:52 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

You might bump into me.
Old Jun 13th 2011, 9:53 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by big ron
Our son lives on Thornburn dr. near the intersection of Appleby and Corporate Drive.We have been in touch with Miss Clinique and visiterd her house twice.She is a lovely lady and makes us most welcome.
Aww thanks Ron. You and Mary are nice people and always welcome.
Old Jun 13th 2011, 10:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

englishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of light

I am in exactly the same position, feeling the exact same as you. At least you know you are not on your own. I have felt sick since last week also. I keep thinking thousands of people have done it. I will be fine, that is what my sane side if saying. I fly on Thursday, frantically packing up and getting my flat cleared and that will be it.
Old Jun 13th 2011, 10:07 pm
Adapting slowly...

Funky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of light

We fly a week on Thursday and we know exactly how you feel. Best keep focused on the bigger picture and it will all be fine. We've both got interviews lined up and somewhere to live, but it is still a BIG upheaval. Never mind for the poor little pooch. He doesn't know what's going on!
Old Jun 13th 2011, 10:13 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to you both. I think you're very brave. With the Canadian economy and real estate market the way its going but I don't envy you starting out these days.
Old Jun 14th 2011, 12:25 am
BE Enthusiast

englishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of light

Oink would you like to elaborate on the state of the economy please?
Old Jun 14th 2011, 1:09 am
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

My problem with moving here now would be the exchange rate, God knows how much money I've made simply with the strengthening of the Canadian dollar over the last several years.

But anyway, I just showed CBSA the bank statement for my Canadian bank account and they were happy with that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.