Oktoberfest

Old Sep 7th 2007, 1:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

PeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond repute
Default Oktoberfest

Apparently a big thing here (Kitchener), something to do with the fact that this little town used to be called Berlin and is full of Germans.

Not that I've seen any mind, although there are steins in the local 2nd hand shops.

I know there's one held in Edmonton as well, any excuse for a good booze is fine with me.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 1:55 pm
Stooodent

Chippers is just really niceChippers is just really niceChippers is just really niceChippers is just really niceChippers is just really niceChippers is just really niceChippers is just really niceChippers is just really niceChippers is just really niceChippers is just really niceChippers is just really nice
Default Re: Oktoberfest

I'm actually in the process of booking tickets to go to the real Oktoberfest in Munich. It's my last year at University in the UK, and Oktoberfest overlaps my Fresher's week. Score!
Old Sep 7th 2007, 1:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Have you been to the real one? Nice if you can get in the right tents, otherwise it's just full of vomiting Australians. I expect you'll be spared those at least in Kitchener?
Old Sep 7th 2007, 1:59 pm
Stooodent

Chippers is just really niceChippers is just really niceChippers is just really niceChippers is just really niceChippers is just really niceChippers is just really niceChippers is just really niceChippers is just really niceChippers is just really niceChippers is just really niceChippers is just really nice

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
Nice if you can get in the right tents, otherwise it's just full of vomiting Australians.
That sounds just like my Student Union.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 2:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

PeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond repute

I once went with 3 other engineers to inspect some equipment being manufactured in a town in the Bavarian mountains.

We landed in Munich and a minibus supplied by the manufacturer took us to the factory.

So sad seeing 4 grown men with their faces stuck to the glass and tears coming down their cheeks, wanting to get off the damn bus, both going out and returning.

EDIT: This was obviously during the festival!!
Old Sep 7th 2007, 2:25 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
Have you been to the real one? Nice if you can get in the right tents, otherwise it's just full of vomiting Australians. I expect you'll be spared those at least in Kitchener?
I went a couple of times to Lulu's in Kitchener at Oktoberfest. It was an old K Mart store converted into a bar (arguably the world's longest standup bar). It was full of vomiting people, some of them Australian. I left a sweater there. I anyone does go to Oktoberfest and finds a brown Harry Rosen round neck I'd like it back, with or without Aussie vomit.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 5:58 pm
Banned

Howard1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud of

Oktoberfest in Kitchener is a lot of fun, and as for vomiting Australians, what else is new?