Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

OK, let's do this!

OK, let's do this!

Old Apr 3rd 2007, 5:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Lisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud of
Default Re: OK, let's do this!

Originally Posted by Yes-can-do
Here is how my cat is allowed out. She is a ragdoll and was not allowed out in the UK unless on a harness attached to an extending dog lead. A couple of weeks ago I let her out on the deck and although our deck is around 15ft off the ground, when I went to check on her she was gone I saw her scurry over to the woods........ cheeky little dare devil
What a gorgeous cat, she is really beautiful! I had been joking in my earlier post about the bungee rope, but maybe that is the way to do it, if you used an extending dog lead - I suppose your cat is used to it though, I can imagine ours going bananas trying to get it off! My main worry is her shooting out the door when one of the kids goes out (knowing how hopeless they are at actually managing to shut the door behind them!)

Lisa
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 5:19 am
BE Enthusiast

mandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to behold
Cool Re: OK, let's do this!

Ah bless haha (cat).
We had same problem,kids are going mad for a dog and all the rentals say no to them.
We,re shipping the furinture over and are gonna camp out on inflateable beds for a week or two ( thanks morwenna)
So i know how you feel,or atleast my back will

Mandi
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 6:43 am
BE Enthusiast

NovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really nice

Just wanted to say Hi and welcome to the site.

Don't they do nappies for cats! (Sorry - not very helpful)

Anyway, all the best with everything.

Old Apr 3rd 2007, 6:59 am
throw caution to the wind

louise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NovaBoy
Just wanted to say Hi and welcome to the site.

Don't they do nappies for cats! (Sorry - not very helpful)

Anyway, all the best with everything.

They probably do sell nappies for cats - they sell everything else here for them, sunglasses, coats, shoes, leather caps I could go on & on & on.......
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 7:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold

Have been considering the lead thing over here. We are just starting to let our cat out - six months old - and she just runs, usually upwards. Last night she jumped out of the bedroom window (think decking broke her fall!) and when we found her she was on the roof of a house down the road and couldn't get down. Sure she's half monkey.

I suppose if we have to keep her in, in Canada, houses bit bigger so more room to roam.

Love the idea of a nappy!

Thanks for all your words of welcome.

Lara
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 8:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome,

I'm also a police officer, (female) with the MET, with nearly 22 years (pensionable)service. there are a few other police officers on the forum too.

My OH is a central heating engineer and we have 2 kids, a son aged 14 and a daughter aged nearly 9. We want to move to Vancouver Island where I have family.

You'll soon be really glad that you found this forum, it's a great source of info based on others experiences and research and flots of fun to be a part of.

Enjoy!

Robin
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 9:35 am
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by louise033
They probably do sell nappies for cats - they sell everything else here for them, sunglasses, coats, shoes, leather caps I could go on & on & on.......
They do for puppies and I have also seen sunglasses for dogs on a UK website. They are called doggles http://www.firebox.com/index.html?di...ogles&aff=1272
Old Apr 4th 2007, 9:34 am

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by singingringingtree
We are family of four from Colchester, Essex.
Ah! I use to live in Wivenhoe. Hi.
Old Apr 4th 2007, 9:49 am
BE Forum Addict

singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
Ah! I use to live in Wivenhoe. Hi.
Ah, just across the water, actually Mersea Island but put Colchester as I thought no one would have heard of it. Know Wivenhoe very well - particularly the pubs - the druggie one (in the 80s) on the front where the witches used to go and The Black Bouy. Happy days.
Old Apr 5th 2007, 1:41 am

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Ah, just across the water, actually Mersea Island but put Colchester as I thought no one would have heard of it. Know Wivenhoe very well - particularly the pubs - the druggie one (in the 80s) on the front where the witches used to go and The Black Bouy. Happy days.
Measea Island! Nice...

The Rose and Crown is the pub on the river... I think it's tried to go a bit upscale... well, for Wivenhoe.
Old Apr 9th 2007, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

polarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud of

West or east Mersea? From Tiptree myself but spent a lot of time walking dogs at west mersea and cudmore grove.
Old Apr 9th 2007, 11:58 am

louise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by polarbearmum
West or east Mersea? From Tiptree myself but spent a lot of time walking dogs at west mersea and cudmore grove.
Hi Polarbearmum, we're from SWF - what a small world!
Old Apr 9th 2007, 8:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by polarbearmum
We're in West Mersea - it's gorgeous here at the moment, but too many tourists! I know Tiptree well - just love The Cheap Shop and The Factory Shop - bargains galore! Didn't go to The Plume did you?
Old Apr 10th 2007, 1:27 am

We're in West Mersea - it's gorgeous here at the moment, but too many tourists! I know Tiptree well - just love The Cheap Shop and The Factory Shop - bargains galore! Didn't go to The Plume did you?
What year did you leave the Plume? Not 1984 by any chance???
Old Apr 10th 2007, 4:16 am
Forum Regular

polarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by louise033
Hi Polarbearmum, we're from SWF - what a small world!
Definately is, used to work with someone from SWF and in my previous role at APU actually attending a few events at the secondary school there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.