Oilsands Work

Old Dec 21st 2012, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

Wookie Wayne is a jewel in the roughWookie Wayne is a jewel in the roughWookie Wayne is a jewel in the roughWookie Wayne is a jewel in the rough
Default Oilsands Work

I've been trying to get work in the Oilsands and applying online seems to be a complete waste of time. Internet says don't turn up without a job, apply online only etc, yet they also say they are crying out for labour.

I currently am stuck in Toronto working a seasonal job. I can afford to go out there but only if I get a job at the end of it. Has anyone else been in this situation?

I am a DZ driver TDG, H2S awareness but have no eyes or ears on the ground in Fort McMurray. Can you turn up with a fist full of resumes and go door to door? Has anyone done this?

Getting a little fed up of chasing my own tail. Any advice from established workers who have made a successful move?

Thank you

Old Dec 21st 2012, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

Wookie Wayne is a jewel in the roughWookie Wayne is a jewel in the roughWookie Wayne is a jewel in the roughWookie Wayne is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Oilsands Work

Oops, I've now posted this in the trucking forum. Thank you.