Reload this Page >

Oil And Gas Workers

Oil And Gas Workers

Old Feb 19th 2019, 4:01 pm
Just Joined

VishalGovind89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Oil And Gas Workers

Hello All

I am a British Expat recently moved to Canada (Calgary). I am looking for work within the Oil & Gas Sector. Is there any expats in this field of work who can help me?
Old Feb 20th 2019, 6:22 pm
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Edo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oil And Gas Workers

O&G has been going through a downturn in Canada since ~2015 with no major signs of comeback yet due to partly political and partly economic factors. But some proposed capital spend projects that you can keep an eye on are:

CNRL's North Pit extension
LNG Canada (two parts: pipeline and terminal)
Trans Mountain extension

Some of these are in design stage and some are half way through procurement. Also keep in mind this is election year in Alberta so fingers crossed.
Old Feb 20th 2019, 9:43 pm
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Photoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by VishalGovind89
I am a British Expat recently moved to Canada (Calgary). I am looking for work within the Oil & Gas Sector. Is there any expats in this field of work who can help me?
Well, that's pretty vague...
Old Feb 22nd 2019, 2:18 am
Just Joined

peasmold is an unknown quantity at this point

This is a very bad time to be looking for work in oil and gas in Alberta. This sector has been in a slump for a few years now due to a huge drop in oil prices and the legal entanglements of trying to build a pipeline to ship oil to the BC coast to sell to markets overseas. A lot of people who used to make a very good living in the oil fields are now struggling after major layoffs. Do you have another line of work you could pursue?